07 ctd 6 speed issues

YotaOnRocks

My 07 has started grinding or slamming into gear when down shifting into 4th. Also when I start it up and go to shift into gear the truck kinda rocks forward like the clutch isn't fully engaging maybe. My truck has 79k miles and a southbend dd3250 in it with upgraded hydraulics and they have been in there for around 30k miles
Do I need to adjust my clutch pedal or is it a synchro. Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.

If the clutch pedal is to the floor, and the truck lurches when you put it in gear, it sounds like there's something wrong with the clutch/hydraulics/flywheel/etc.

Similiar thing happened to my truck and ended up being the slave cylinder, but it could be either. Also check the adjust on your clutch pushrod, if it's too short your clutch will not fully engage.

Transman I had new bearings put in it by a very reputable shop less than 12K miles ago. I used purple power synchromax fluid and over filled it by 1 quart as advised by many people. Also at that time I replaced throw out and pilot bearing. If I adjust the pedal do I just move it a little at a time until it stops rocking the truck forward when going into gear.

And thanks for the help guys. Its awesome how much help is offered in a short amount of time on here.

Well I just jacked up the rear end and tried adjusting the clutch but the tires turn when going into gear matter how much I adjust it. What do I check now?

My superduty was doing something real similar. I had to cut it off when I'd stop and crank it in gear eventually. Turns out the clutch had.worn out completely on the pressure plate side only, and worn the pressure plate down almost 1/4". There wasn't enough throw in the slave cylinder to fully release the clutch. That was on a southbend clutch that had 150000 miles on it and it still didn't slip, hell I towed to and from harlan a month before replacing it with another southbend.

I agree it sounds like a clutch or pilot issue.

Called Southbend and they told me there is a spacer on slave cylinder I should pull off and that should fix it. I will try to get that off and report the results. Thanks again for the help fellas

Back