06 cummins p2149 injector code

RHSCTJ

My dodge(06 CTD) threw a 2149 injector group b high resistance code. Driving normal through town and started running BAD all of a sudden. I checked over on cummins forum but its seems like everyone there just takes their trucks to the dealer. I checked the harness from the ecu to the valve cover and it ohmed out fine. That was all I had time to check as I had scheduled work to do. Anybody dealt with this? Whats the chances a valve cover gasket is going to fix it? I really dont want to buy an injector or ecu.

Valve cover gasket is possible. Have you pressure washed your engine lately? I've seen people do this and it caused all kinds of problems. Chances are it's not going to be the ECU. It's possible, but not likely. I've never seen an ECU go bad on an 03+. Also check your oil level. If it's over full then you're more than likely going to need an injector(s). This is a common code on 06 trucks and it's usually either the valve cover gasket or injector(s).

I have never pressure washed any engine. Didnt think to check the oil since alldata said it was electrical and there was no haze when it was running bad. So if its not a wire issue and it has a bad injector should I just get one or all? Where is a good place to get em? Im pushin' 270k miles. I was hoping to hear that the wires in the valve cover break all the time.

Be sure you check the oil before you drive it again. I lost 2 injectors on one of my trucks and it was an inch above the full mark on the dipstick after about a 10 mile drive home. The valve cover very well could be the problem with 270k miles. That's a judgement call on your part as to whether or not you want to replace all 6. You might replace the bad ones, if they are bad, and run another 200k before you have another issue or you might replace the bad, and lose another one in 10k miles. If you replace just the bad ones, I may know where some good used ones are, but that's a gamble all in itself.

I drove less than 5 miles to the shop and left it there. I wont be driving untill its fixed. Ive still got at good bit of electrical tests left to do but it can wait until monday. It just sucks my Bday is friday and was planning on taking my jeep to Gultches.

It never happens at a good time. I was on my way to tellico with two toyotas on my gooseneck. I made it about 5 miles from home and the shaft in my turbo broke in half. And it was a Super Phat Shaft turbo.

Stopped by the shop before I picked up lunch and checked the oil. It was at the bottom of the safe cross-hatches. Its been about 7000 since the last oil change so thats about where it should be.

Id check the injector harness resistance for open or short to verify a failed harness or failed injector. A quick way to check for short to ground on this circuit is a power probe or actual circuit tester. About 90% of the time you'll find a bad harness with a intermittent misfire.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Check the plugs on the injector harness for buildup. Mine did this and just needed a good cleaning of the connectors where they plug into the injector. Good cleaning and some di-electric grease fixed me right up.

Unfortunately I had to replace #6 injector.

Back