04 f250 exhaust

Bullardbs

anyone installed a turbo back exhaust on a f250 6.0 and if so was it easy hard dont try it etc

in between:lol: think I took a sawzall to my factory down pipe to speed stuff up otherwise easy as all my brackets looked brand new. no seized bolts or anything.

It's not bad. Helps if you have an extra set of hands to hold the downpipe when you put the downpipe v-band clamp on. Don't tighten the downpipe until you have the whole system installed. Then start at the downpipe and work your way back tightening the clamps.

I do exhaust work for a living. It is a lot easier if you have two people to bolt up the down pipe. Everything else is pretty easy. I did a 5 inch system on a f250 the other day.

where do you work? I cant make up my mind if I want to just get the cat and muffler delete done or replace the whole system with a turbo back

where do you work? I cant make up my mind if I want to just get the cat and muffler delete done or replace the whole system with a turbo back
I'm in the same boat. I may just buy the delete pipes and do it myself, but there are some good deals on complete systems. I just wonder if there is enough performance difference with the bigger pipe.
Delete pipes
http://www.puredieselpower.com/catalog/mbrp-c-30_33_39_36.html
Here's a post I found that will interest you:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/2482458-post20.html

If you are mostly stock and won't run much more than a mild street tune (+70 HP max) then I'd just run the delete pipes. Especially with an 04 or newer truck since they don't have the resonator in the down pipe like the 03s did to help kill the turbo whistle. You won't see a huge improvement in power but your egts will drop a good bit. You also won't see a huge difference between stock with delete pipes and 4" turbo back. I've got a bulley dog turbo back on my truck it wasn't bad to install but the 6 speed has a little more room around it than the auto. I cursed the down pipe on my buddy's 04 dully a lot his is an auto and he is running the summit racing brand

think im going to get it done this weekend can have the muffler and cat deteted for 80

Back