03 ford granny's problems..any ideas.. help!!!

cjgolfer7

Driving up 321 the other day and my trans temp gauge was reading all the way hot..next thing I know it's slipping bad. The next time I start the truck it rises pretty quick the tow haul light is blinking and it's slipping like a mfer if I givebit the slightest bit of gas. Then this noting jump in and can't even back out of the parking spot would go forward but there was a rock wall.. Any ideas on what it might be and who I could take it too..any help will be much appreciated.

That trans has solenoids to vary the line pressure in the trans so that it can give soft shifts by slipping when driving normal, or harder shifts when you are running it hard. Sounds to me like a solenoid may have let go, and not kept enough pressure on the clutches allowing you to slip and heat up the trans big time, I have heard of quite a few reverse issues on those trans as well. If the tow/haul light was blinking, your transmission has set a code get it to a dealer, or maybe a transmission shop that can read the code. A regular advance/autozone/mom&pop shop's code reader will not be able to read the code.

Thanks for the info..the tow haul light isn't blinking anymore and seems like it will go forward but when in reverse it just seems like it's in neutral..

Back