03 F250 5.4 180k miles

JonBoy

Looking for opinions but please consider my needs. I dont need it yet but likely to need a larger truck in the near future. I will need to tow about a 20ft enclosed trailer. I am not sure how much that weighs but guessing under 2000lbs I would not have anymore than 3000lbs in it at any time. So I will have a large trailer but minimal weight. Will be in slow traffic a lot but will rarely need to go over 45mph. Might leave it running often to keep AC or Heater going. I know people that do this with a basic full size truck but most have transmission issues at some point. I will need to find something used for under $10,000 with excab or 4dr. the 03 f250 is $6500.. Other trucks I am considering would be a GM with a 6.0 they seem to have pretty good prices also. I will also have to buy the trailer at the same time. Once trailer payment is gone would prob be looking to upgrade to more of a permanent truck. I never thought I would need a truck larger than 1/2 ton so knowledge is very limited. I have a 98 k1500 305 5 speed with 190k miles so its time for something newer anyway.

you should be fine pulling down in Hamstead and Wilmington with a 5.4 F250.The lay of the land here In Goldsboro is simular to what you have.My 92 f350 with a 5.8 and 5speed pulled a 4,000 pound trailer and 6500 pound bobcat just fine.Make sure your trailer brakes are good,you have a good controler for them,and cool that tranny if it is a automatic.

Back