"Gonna do it right...maybe!!??" Fuller's new XJ build!!!

I can only speak to self-shielded wire (gasless flux) at the moment without reference, but I know that it is DCEN.

Not a clue on that brand. Yes innershield or flux core runs on DCEN. Outer shield or dual shield runs on DCEP.
Huh?? Sorry I don't know those terms, so reverse it

Huh?? Sorry I don't know those terms, so reverse it
DCEN = direct current, electrode negative. Positive side goes to clamp, negative is the gun. I'd be careful with saying "reverse" since there's the slim chance it could already be set up that way.

This is what it has now so I put that jumper to negative and put the negative leaf to one of the positive sides? This has weird jumper thing
IMG_20180216_232432855.jpg
IMG_20180216_232450437.jpg

Wait according to what u said it's wired correctly for gasless right now

No sir...DCEN is considered straight polarity. Set it up with the jumper to NEG and swap the other lead.

No sir...DCEN is considered straight polarity. Set it up with the jumper to NEG and swap the other lead.
Ok I got it lol thank you

No problem. That's what I was eluding to earlier when I said be careful with "reverse." Happy wire burning!
After 9yrs flux welding with a 110v, can't wait to see how a 220 burns flux. I hope I like it cause ain't gonna find a better deal on a big welder than $260

After 9yrs flux welding with a 110v, can't wait to see how a 220 burns flux. I hope I like it cause ain't gonna find a better deal on a big welder than $260
I'd say it'll be a nice change. I used a big Miller 452 at my last job that was set up to run solid wire, dual shield flux, and stick. Kind of like this one, but with two wire feed leads, two gas bottles, and a stick lead all coiled up on the front.
61076.jpeg

My little Hobart 180 in the garage still feels like a tinker toy when I fire it up. I'm sure you'll see a huge difference.

This is what it has now so I put that jumper to negative and put the negative leaf to one of the positive sides? This has weird jumper thing
View attachment 263098 View attachment 263099
Holy good Lord good heavens good freaking geez Batman... DAIIIUUUUUUUMMMMM this welders is well,...bad ass!!! Where have you been all my life whoooeeyy it bent 1/2" steel plate on middle heat with .30wire like nothing.

Boy this welder burns amazing..but too hot lol. Thin stuff man, struggle is real!! Hard to dial it in on welding up the roof cage pieces, heat 1.5 is hot (feel like a newbie all over again lol)

Well I have to cheat on my upside down welds for these cage pieces using the "stitch" mode..coolest thing ever!! You can set the time and duration of welds and never release the trigger. Very cool and handy feature. I got the hang of regular down/up/lateral welds but upside down looks terrible lol

dude its not the AMOUNT of tubing, its where and how applied. youre a carpenter right? or were? you know whey you build a stud wall (everything is parallel) and after you stand it up its all wiggle, then that ONE stud nailed at a angle before the sheathing is applied to keep it all square, THATS what we are trying to convey. you couldve achieved much more safety from less steel in that situation. remember that the first hit isnt the bad one, its the second and third after the cage is compromised that is the kicker. but we wouldnt know.

if you rolled that over, the top of that cage will be all 100% intact as shown, but layed over in direction of the roll, as flat as the passengers under it. no lateral support. take some of that tube and support those corners yo

Love the new welder..not as pretty as with my 110 but I'LL get used to it.
IMG_20180218_110237609.jpg
15189700507837490506169776242535.jpg

Got my coil boxes finished and welded in. Getting the hang of this welder a bit, not too shabby. Don't know if I'll ever get em to look as pretty as my mig welds.
Ready for some link tabs and some links to order and make once I get my old axles off and collect the money later this week.
IMG_20180218_155636144.jpg
IMG_20180218_155711295.jpg
IMG_20180218_155722272.jpg

Every week this Jeep is turning into a better bed frame. I'm still waiting for the mattress on top.
I'll give you the privilege to set your air mattress up there on the next trip :p

Back