Used SUVs for around $10,000

Loganwayne

#BTL
I'm wanting to get a SUV this fall probably. I originally wanted a mid 2000 4runner. It's possible to find some in the price range that are in good shape but all seem to have fairly high miles.

So what other SUVs should I keep an eye out for? Pro/cons for them. Only other thing I'm stuck on is must be 4x4

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was looking for a 4runner also but could not find one that fit the bill. Found a local owned gx470 with full dealer records for not much more than your budget and have been very happy With it, it is basically a dressed up 4runner anyways

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Yukon XL.

Reliable, relatively cheap to repair, decent fuel milage for a huge v8 4x4.

Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Yukon XL.

Reliable, relatively cheap to repair, decent fuel milage for a huge v8 4x4.
Those are to big. I'm wanting something a little smaller to daily drive. But a killer deal on a Tahoe I would consider, I drive a 03 for work just about everyday and it's nice but just to big for what I want

I've has several isuzus the rodeos are a pretty good size , seem to have pretty tough drivetrain anything from a 00 to 04

Ifs front, hell even rfs need something that rides good/decent has room to pack a bunch of crap in it. I've got my Cherokee for the times I need a real 4wd. But I'll still use it to get into some forest service roads for hunting/fishing

Ifs front, hell even rfs need something that rides good/decent has room to pack a bunch of crap in it. I've got my Cherokee for the times I need a real 4wd. But I'll still use it to get into some forest service roads for hunting/fishing

do you like straight drive? i always enjoyed the chevy tracker i had for a DD. Super fun to drive. only suggestion i have though. im a gmc yukon fan. about same mpg you will get with your mini suvs. more spacious. v8 power and can get leather seats.

Do you need a third row seat? how about a tacoma? ive always enjoyed them as a awesome suv/truck hybrid that gets high mileage, is solid, and does it all.

do you like straight drive? i always enjoyed the chevy tracker i had for a DD. Super fun to drive. only suggestion i have though. im a gmc yukon fan. about same mpg you will get with your mini suvs. more spacious. v8 power and can get leather seats.

Do you need a third row seat? how about a tacoma? ive always enjoyed them as a awesome suv/truck hybrid that gets high mileage, is solid, and does it all.
Don't care if it's straight or auto myself but prefer auto the other half. No need for third row. I'm not against a Tahoe or Yukon just hadn't considered them. And I'm really wanting 4 doors I would consider a 4 Door Tacoma but most are still 10+ and have well over 200,000 miles.

I'll of course say GM based but haven't the commanders finally come down to that budget?

I'll of course say GM based but haven't the commanders finally come down to that budget?
Do not buy a commander or wk grand. I see them all the time with more differential/t case issues than you can imagine

I'll sell you mine for $10k
It's in fairly good shape - it runs
Low miles - only 176..........thousand
Pros, you get a suv, I get way more than my rig is worth!
Cons, I have to find a new rig.

Those are to big. I'm wanting something a little smaller to daily drive. But a killer deal on a Tahoe I would consider, I drive a 03 for work just about everyday and it's nice but just to big for what I want

Buy my TJ!

Tahoe's honestly don't feel big at all to drive, and they ride really nice.

Do not buy a commander or wk grand. I see them all the time with more differential/t case issues than you can imagine

This is the kind of information I was looking at. I had considered the grand Cherokee and Cherokees

I've got an 03 4runner I could let go for around 8k, but it's got 210,000. Little high on the mileage but runs great. Then I could go buy an old toyota. I would rather have something old I can beat on more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an 03 4runner I could let go for around 8k, but it's got 210,000. Little high on the mileage but runs great. Then I could go buy an old toyota. I would rather have something old I can beat on more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not ready to buy yet will be may at the soonest.

If you get a trailblazer ss with the 5.3 it should be the aluminum block. Buy it. Yank it and put it in your YJ. Simply drop a junkyard motor back in the trailblazer.

Do it!

Ive seen a few 110k 05-11 Tahoes close to the price around here Ltz models will be there soon enough GM has good replacement crate engines/trans for them from what I hear if you plan to keep it long term.

Ive seen a few 110k 05-11 Tahoes close to the price around here Ltz models will be there soon enough GM has good replacement crate engines/trans for them from what I hear if you plan to keep it long term.
Or blow it up with a turbo..... To much room under the hood not to use

That's initial plan from beginning with a used vehicle... always a reason for a swap! Turbo mania seems to be happening these days I'm seeing people put turbos on everything!

Back