Why Some Athletes Have Difficulty Getting Regular Jobs

Im really bored today...
That article is from 2014.

Clemson's 97% stat excludes players who:
1- Graduate from another school
2- Are kicked out of school by the University, not the Athletic Department, due to a disciplinary reason.
3- Are still enrolled in an undergrad program either at Clemson or another University.

I'd really just like a link that substantiates what you're saying so I can follow the math, schools don't just jump from 81% to 97%. And I know that's 2014, the numbers you gave were 2009-13. I know you went to Clemson and all, but it's simple math...2009+4 years= 2013. 2010+4 years=2014. Your number was 92% (11 out of 12) for 2009 kids and 96% (23 out of 24) of 2010 kids...yet 81% is the highest they've had (through 2014) since they started collecting the stat. You're making the case for me that the 97% is skewed.

I'd really just like a link that substantiates what you're saying so I can follow the math, schools don't just jump from 81% to 97%. And I know that's 2014, the numbers you gave were 2009-13. I know you went to Clemson and all, but it's simple math...2009+4 years= 2013. 2010+4 years=2014. Your number was 92% (11 out of 12) for 2009 kids and 96% (23 out of 24) of 2010 kids...yet 81% is the highest they've had (through 2014) since they started collecting the stat. You're making the case for me that the 97% is skewed.

Lies, Damn Lies and Stats.
The national stat is for the previous 5 years and doesn't exclude transfers or kicks.
It also is flawed because it includes players who fail to enroll, or may count them twice. \

Case in point - Shaq Lawson graudated High School in 2012. He was offered and acceptable a scholarship but failed to qualify based on his ACT score. He enrolled at Fork Union Military academy for a year and then enrolled at Clemson in 2013. He played 3 years and then left last January and was drafted last April. He returned to school in the summer of 2016 and graduated in August of 2016.

The NCAA stat counts his as a 2012 scholarship. Then again as a 2013 scholarship. Then because he dropped out of school without a degree he is a non graduate. That he subsequently re-enrolled and graduated is not factored. Just one stupid loop hole.

BTW I dont have a link. My math was using the web aggregate signing classes. Then my personal login to CU alumni and seeing graduation years.

The I editorialized based on following the program where the non grads went.

Really though, based on YOUR number that ranks Clemson #2 in all of D1 for graduates....what is the argument?

Some programs do a better job than others.

Again not always the case

Bruh...I am working. People think I'm the hardest worker here because I'm always staring at the computer screen. The trick is, always having a couple spreadsheets ready to cover NC4x4.
I use my email for that.

Yep. Some people just love to argue about things that don't matter.
we aint even arguing just BS'ing....at least thats how I see it.

How much of the stuff on this site that gets discussed actually matters anyway. The charities, sure...but I must have missed all the threads curing cancer.
That's a matter of perspective.
For those that enjoy reading technical information on builds and/or looking for inspiration to start a build, info on legal places to ride, up to date info on park openings or closings, this is very beneficial. It's agreed unanimously that this site is a wealth of information and knowledge about anything imaginable.
I personally don't care a thing about sports or those involved in them but entered this thread because it has to do with the workforce. I deal with morons all the time that are washed up sports junkies that have half the IQ of an Aborigini bushman. (That's around 50 if you're wondering) and wonder why they can't get a job.
Now you can quote/cite me all day long if you really don't have anything better to do. I, on the other hand do and refuse to discuss this any farther with you sir. Your opinion doesn't mean a G******n thing to me.

:flipoff2: ;) Love you.

That's a matter of perspective.
For those that enjoy reading technical information on builds and/or looking for inspiration to start a build, info on legal places to ride, up to date info on park openings or closings, this is very beneficial. It's agreed unanimously that this site is a wealth of information and knowledge about anything imaginable.
I personally don't care a thing about sports or those involved in them but entered this thread because it has to do with the workforce. I deal with morons all the time that are washed up sports junkies that have half the IQ of an Aborigini bushman. (That's around 50 if you're wondering) and wonder why they can't get a job.
Now you can quote/cite me all day long if you really don't have anything better to do. I, on the other hand do and refuse to discuss this any farther with you sir. Your opinion doesn't mean a G******n thing to me.

:flipoff2: ;) Love you.

You fawkin mystical magical river rat, I want to have a beer and discuss life with you more every time you post shit like this!!

You don't think EVERY school manipulates the grades?
My oldest daughter had an athletic opportunity ( soccer ) to go to a school on a "scholarship".
The problem was, the school is a Div.3, not allowed athletic scholarships.
The Coach told my wife and her, " we can do whatever we need to".

My Sis went to Wake in the 80's, and worked in the sports medicine department ...... The entire football and basketball teams were dumber than a roomful of 3 year olds.

UNC's only transgression was getting complacent and getting caught!

Matt
Don't think so.

No other school in the history of the NCAA has been caught with this level of academic fraud.

I can guarantee you that Wake, State, Duke, etc....you can go back over the last 20 years and find numerous players that have been ruled ineligible because of academics. Even Duke has lost at least a couple.

But not UNC. At the end of Dean Smith's career, one of his starting 5's was all academic exceptions....yet they never, EVER lost a player to grades. Ever.
That is straight up impossible. Cannot be done. But it was. And now we know how.

Meanwhile, State lost at least a couple of guys every year to grades. I remember a starting QB, even. And all the while, Carolina recruited the dumbest of the dummies, and nary a one of them ever was lost to grades.

That's like a fleet manager never changing the oil in 85 vehicles and never losing an engine. Can't happen.

Then throw in the fact that UNC lorded their graduation rate over everyone for decades. Called it the "Carolina Way". Now we know the "Carolina Way" really meant "Cheat like nobody has before and don't get caught". Until they did.

A couple other gems from former UNCheat "scholar"-athletes:

"I'm not no negative kind of guy." - Dre Bly

"I was in pain. I still is in pain." - Ivory Latta

And let's not kid ourselves. There's a big difference between athletes choosing less rigorous degrees, the kind that do in fact exist at most schools, and the institution itself creating a sham curriculum with classes that don't even exist only to benefit the eligibility of athletes.

That alone is enough, but it gets even worse. In order to provide cover for the fraud and a built-in defense in case they were ever caught, they let regular students in to the fake classes as well, although at a much lower rate than athletes. So even a regular, non-athletes' degree from UNC was devalued in pursuit of athletic success.

And then it gets even worse than that. The bulk of the fake classes were in the African American Studies Department. They had hoped that no one would dare question the internal operations of THAT department, lest they risk being called racist. Using race as a weapon to cheat AA players out of an actual education. Pretty grim stuff.

So yeah, the situation at UNC is unlike any other and their defense thus far has been telling. They have delayed, obfuscated and lobbied for 6 years now. First they tried to blame it all on women's basketball, LOL. They DO NOT want to fess up and take their medicine and get it over with. Their latest argument doesn't even bother trying to dispute the facts of the case, now they say "yeah we did all that, but that's not technically in the NCAA's jurisdiction". Gross.

Back