rc crawling comps near charolette

xjcritter

just throwing this out cause aparently In not searching right.
Is there any around here or even a course besides finding some rocks. Tis a cool sport just sorta boring playing with yourself all the time lol :D

There was a crawler course at one of the hobby shops in Charlotte. It may have been Carolinas RC, if thats the case they may be out of business. I have the same problem up here around Boone/Ashe

Am I reading this correct? RC crawl at the Devils Playground?

Yes sir, the guys that organize our NC comps get permission to use the property (Andy Zuber is the main organizer for the NCRC comps). Should be about 15-20 people competing at the 2 DPG comps.

The comp on the 5th is one of the NC National Qualifiers and the one on the 11th is the final comp for our Sportsman Series.

How many people attends these? (ya see where I'm going)

How many people attends these? (ya see where I'm going)

We had 17 or 18 people registered for the Sportsman Series and usually everyone showed up for each comp. Couple people brought wives/girlfriends and kids. I'd say anywhere from 20-25 people total for each of our Sportsman comps this fall.

I would say anywhere from 15-20 people at the National Qualifier comps so far.

devils playground and rc crawling??? awsome deal ill look into this one and the website also. As of now i just picked up the axial scorpion RTC. El cheapo I know but Im pretty good at building stuff for rc cars so itll be modded shortly. Thanks for the info guys anymore locations just throw them my way lil closer to Gastonia would be better though

The White Water Center isn't bad, especially since you are just starting out and have a stock crawler. Went there once when my Losi was stock.

The AX10 is a good truck. Lots of upgrades available and easy to find parts.

I have a Losi Night Crawler that is about as modded as it can get and a new Axial XR10 that I'm working on. R/C crawling is very addictive, I've been doing it since March and I'm hooked.

yeah thats why i went with the axial easy parts to find good rep. also. I had a nylent crawler awhile ago nothing like a real one I know but it is a great waste of time.... now if only i could get my girl friend hooked also lmao

Sounds like it needs it's own thread!

sounds good to me lol Ill look into DPG and the comps there sounds like itd be fun. Or why cant we just make up our own NC4x4 rc comps????

Definitely try to come out to the DPG comps. NC has some of the best drivers in the country and all the guys are great to hang out with and always willing to answer questions.

Biggest issue with starting your own comps is getting enough people to show up. Will you have a comp for 2.2, Super, 1.9, Scalers? We focus on 2.2 comps, we run both Sportsman and Pro Series. Several of the guys have scalers as well though.

i dont know honestly just throwing it out to see if enough people would respond and go from there. Seeing I got a 2.2 there deffintly be a class for that. As far as the others...It depends on how many people respond with what types of crawlers.

Back