[9 September, 2017] UORTC 4WD-101 Training (Uwharrie, NC)

Scott@BigCreek

BigCreek.rocks
We have our 4WD-101 Training dates set through the end of 2017.

Next 101 classes -
9 & 16 September 2017

$295.00. (Price increase to $295 goes into effect for classes after this date - 1 September 2017) This price is per driver. One must provide their own 4WD licensed and insured vehicle at this price. Your friend, relative and/or spouse may share your vehicle 'Driving' at the additional cost of $250.00. A guest 8 to 13 years of age may ride for free. No one under the age of 8 years of age allowed. A ride along guest may come at the cost of $100 per person. This person may not drive and will not receive any materials (Contact me for details). 15 vehicles maximum. Price includes 3 experienced and I4WDTA Certified Instructors.

You must pre-pay via check, credit card or PayPal. We will mail you a confirmation/welcome letter. One week prior to your class you will receive a detailed informational email. If paying by credit card call me. Contact Mike Morrison at (919) 353-5400 or mike@OverlandExperts.com , with any questions. We will need your email, telephone number, mailing address and vehicle make and model. We can provide you with a 4WD for the class at an extra cost.

You will receive a complete refund if for some extreme reason the class is not held. You may also choose to transfer your payment to a future class. We will hold the class - rain or shine!

4WD - 101 Program of Instruction
- Welcome, Meet and Greet, Forms/Paperwork
- PowerPoint - 4WD Familiarization
- 360 Vehicle Walk Around/Pre-Trip Inspection
- Obstacle Course Coaching and Proper Technique Building
- Box Lunch(included in price) - provided by Eldorado Outpost
- Recovery Familiarization
- Hi-Lift Jack Familiarization
- Trail Ride and Coaching on UORTC Private Trail Systems or USFS Trail System
- Return from trail Ride, Completion Materials**

This is a 10+ hour class. We start at 0830 DST, 0730 DST Off

**Also included in class (take home stuff): 0-20 PSI Tire Gauge, T-shirt, UORTC stickers, 4WD-101 training info in a 3-ring binder and a Certificate of Completion!

REMEMBER: Invest in YOU, the driver FIRST - vehicle second!

Proven Fact! - One can travel just as far with a stock or near stock vehicle if the driver has the Skills! Just think what you can do with a modified vehicle and MUCH safer too, For You, Your loved ones and your vehicle! The environment will benefit also!
Please - TREAD Lightly!

We use our own property for 101 classes (UORTC's) Over 200 acres. Occasionally we will use the USFS trails.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is an event that is being conducted on the Uwharrie National Forest and is authorized under a Special Use Permit."

"USDA – Forest Service Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Forest Service prohibits discrimination in its programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also provide private (one on one) training priced at $600 per driver per day (weekday) $700 (Saturday or Sunday). OR $250 for each student (3 minimum - any day). You supply your own 4WD(s). Price Increase to $700/$800 - 1 September 2017.

Last edited:
Scott,can you list what the minimum vehicle requirements(safety/equipment) are to participate in your classes?

Scott,can you list what the minimum vehicle requirements(safety/equipment) are to participate in your classes?

4WD, Seat Belt(s), Reverse, Brakes and Parking Brake all needs to work. Minimum 4 point roll bar with open or soft top vehicles. Battery(s) properly held down (no bungee cords). 2 strong, secure - Recovery points (1 front and 1 rear).
Un-licensed vehicles are allowed on UORTC's property and off premises trail systems, however; they will need to be legally towed to riding area parking lots. A loaner manual transmission 4WD vehicle is available to use during the class at an extra fee.

Thank you for your question and your interest in UORTC!

Thanks for listing your requirements. Unfortunatly I won't pass inspection since my trail rig didn't come with roll bar or seat belts.

You have a very cool vintage Willys! If you are interested in taking a class let me know, I'll work a deal with you on the use of one of our training vehicles. Both are manual transmissions.

Thank you!

Jimmy - I attended Scott's course in June and I can strongly recommend it. I learned alot, I feel more confident in my vehicle, and I had a great time!

I attended 4WD 101 and had a great time. Scott and Ben did a great job explaining the basics while having fun. I defintely feel more comfortable taking the nephews out now. Looking forward to the next course!

joe

Question: Why should I take this 4WD-101 class? How can I afford it? ...........

Vehicle body damage! Bent tie-rod! Engine water damage! Axle breakage! Roll Over - Personal body damage! I wish I never bought that part and those tires, I just spent $2,200!

Answer: Learn what not to do BEFORE you do it! And what to do first! How can I afford not to take this class!

You put all this money in your 4WD, shouldn't you invest in yourself first?! Don't learn the hard way!

I took the 4WD-101 class this weekend with Scott and Ben, and it was great! A ton of useful information and instruction for offroading, presented in a very professional and hands-on atmosphere. This class would benefit anyone who is into wheelin', no matter what your experience level is. These guys have a wealth of knowledge on all aspects of offroading, from the mechanics of your rig to proper recovery techniques. If you get the opportunity TAKE THIS CLASS!

Scott if there is anything I can help you with just let me know. Thanks again!

We went out this weekend to audit this class and help out a bit. Excellent class and met some great people. Scott and Ben do a great job with the classroom and hands on portions of the class. Highly recommend the class and we are looking forward to working with the school in the future. This is a GREAT resource for the area's off road community. For some pictures form the class, check out the Tarheel 4WD Center Facebook page.

New guy here, and interested in the upcoming classes. With regard to minimum requirements, will the OEM front frame mounted tow point be sufficient?

Great new video man.

New guy here, and interested in the upcoming classes. With regard to minimum requirements, will the OEM front frame mounted tow point be sufficient?
Yes, that would work and be fine!
Come and Join us at our next class.

Last edited:
Scott and Ben, thank you for a great Class. I'm not exactly a newbie but I'm no expert either. This class was exactly what I needed; seat time in a place to practice the "what if" scenario in a safe/structered environment. You can teach an old dog new tricks. Not everything i have learned "thru experience" on the trail is the safest or correct way. Instructors were well prepared and explained everything clearly and understandable manner that even a non-mechanical person (like me) can understand. Looking forward to my next trail ride using these new skills.

I just wanted to say I took Scott's 4wd 101 class to see what it was all about and it was probably one of the best put together classes out there. Scott not only instructs you through hands on application, he also gives you a ton of material to take home and refer back to at anytime. After they finish with the training on the UORTC property you get to go out onto the trails of Uwharrie National Forrest and they spend time with each and every person in real world applications. I also have seen the exclusive land that Scott has access in order to train and I would say it is worth taking the class just to ride that trail system.

Thank you Scott and Ben for an excellent class! You guys taught me so much more on vehicle control than I thought I already knew. I had a few bad habits that I now am aware of and will be applying for future wheeling outings. I saw someone with basically no wheeling experience at the end of the day driving like they had been doing it for years. This class will help anyone from newbs to seasoned wheelers. Now I'm really looking forward to the 201 class!

Yes indeed, a very good class! Thanks Scott and Ben for a very well tought class! I'm still trying to process all that I learned. I will highly recommend your class and I am looking forward to the 201 class!! Thanks

Consider for a moment all the time and money you have invested into your 4WD vehicle. Tires, wheels, suspension, axles, monthly payments and so on. How much have you invested into finding out how to properly drive all that money?

From those that have taken our class, from beginners to seasoned veterans, an investment well made! See our information and testimonies on this link!

Come join the elite rank of drivers that have discovered it is not all about big tires and horsepower but finesse!

We will give you the tools to drive as if you have added $$$$ to your 4WD and the confidence and knowledge to go further!

Back