locating already set up axles

bigbluetoy

hey guys,

1st off, love that the site is back up and running. i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sold axles that have already been set up that i could use for a sas. my roommate and i were playing on the internet and noticed someone selling a d44 already geared and locked for cheaper than i could get all the parts for. it had the wrong gears so won't work for me, but this got me to thinking of time and money i could save. thanks guys,

You could get a custom axle from Currie. Or Tar Heel 4wd here in Charlotte can do them. The cheapest thing would be to find someone selling one personally. A custom made axle will cost you big bucks.

You could post up what you want in the wanted section too.

those axles that are all setup from currie are $$$! They make a 9" bolt in for a ZJ at a toll of $3500. :eek: Since you're in boone you could take it to HCORE4x4 and get them to set it up for you, sure would be less than a currie.

Just keep an eye on the classifieds... both on this board and on PBB, TOR, etc. You may get lucky and find another pair of used axles that'll work for you. I've bought tons of stuff this way... and always found exactly what I was looking for in time. It just takes some persistence and patience.

PBB is good and all but that is a very westcoast board. i've seen several items in their classifieds that i wouldnt mind having but shipping is usually more than the cost of the item.

Puma297 said:
PBB is good and all but that is a very westcoast board. i've seen several items in their classifieds that i wouldnt mind having but shipping is usually more than the cost of the item.

BE PATIENT ! People from all over the country post there, including me. Last deal i found was a set of 42s and the guy was in Georgia. There are "local" people that post there and not here. Just keep watching and then jump on it before is gets gone.
JB

Rockeater said:
BE PATIENT ! People from all over the country post there, including me. Last deal i found was a set of 42s and the guy was in Georgia. There are "local" people that post there and not here. Just keep watching and then jump on it before is gets gone.
JB

Yep I have traveled to Tenn and Kentucky to get some killer deals. Hard to beat a 60 for $800. :D

keep an eye on Ebay too. that's where I got my front 44, set up with high steer, the gears I wanted, aftermarket lock outs, set up SOA for a CJ already.... for a killer price too.

brent

oh and, it was only a few hours down the road

I have a set of 44s under my YJ that If I can get a good price I'll let them go.
found some 60s I want , but I need a little kick in the a$$ to make the swap.
both 44's have Lockers (locrights) 5 on 5.5, have two sets of gears 3.55 & 4.88. front is out of a waggy, rear out of a scout.

Franklin said:
Yep I have traveled to Tenn and Kentucky to get some killer deals. Hard to beat a 60 for $800. :D

How about 2 off of running trucks for $600.. total :huggy:

What is it you're looking for. Post up, and some of us might know where you could find them.

i want to find something already set up for a toyota front end. so if it is d44, then it will have to be narrowed. if anyone has anything, post it and i will consider. even if it is not set up, if i find a deal, i am all over it. thanks for all the input by the way. if not a d44, then a 84 or 85 toyota axle would be preferred. thanks again

a fullwidth HP44 would probably have to be narrowed but you'd be better off with one out of a wagoneer or something that already is close to your front end width. you can pick one of those up for fairly cheap at a junkyard, then just get a friend or a shop to weld on the brackets from your old axle.

Back