JK 241 to an AX15

BIGWOODY

I've searched and can't find an accurate answer. I have a buddy selling a 241 from his '12 JK rubicon. I can pick it up cheap, my only interest is the 4.1. Anyone attempted this swap of have any info? I know the shifter will have to be modified, I know the driveshaft outputs would need to be changed. I know the speedo won't work. But as for bolting together, input shaft length being correct, physical size difference (going in a YJ).

I know it's not the same but I put a newer 241D in my XJ with an AX15. Bolted up no issue. Came out of a Dodge 1500 truck.

I've searched and can't find an accurate answer. I have a buddy selling a 241 from his '12 JK rubicon. I can pick it up cheap, my only interest is the 4.1. Anyone attempted this swap of have any info? I know the shifter will have to be modified, I know the driveshaft outputs would need to be changed. I know the speedo won't work. But as for bolting together, input shaft length being correct, physical size difference (going in a YJ).
I bought a few and sold them to guys doing just that. I’d assume they go right in. Minus the bs flange output yokes you already addressed.

the 241or should be bolt up ready iirc
There are different shafts on the 2wd vs 4wd ax15. Ones shorter i believe. Theyre both 23 spline

Back