I got a tank

Cheerwineman

So I have this RC tank,
2013-04-28 11.22.39.jpg

and I would like to get it working again if its not too expensive. It was manufactured by 21st century toys and I haven't had much luck finding stuff for it. I know at the very minimum it needs a battery and controller, so I was wondering where I should look for that kind of stuff around charlotte or online.

Nice looking tank. Wish I could help ya. Good luck!

I would guess on line would be your best bet. Or maybe the toy shows that pop up from time to time.

If the electronics aren't brand specific maybe you can search the part #'s

bringing an old thread to life here......

RC stuff is usually pretty interchangeable electronics wise. off the shelf parts will probably get you rolling again. if motors are shot swap in some 55 turn lathe motors for better torque.

So I have this RC tank,
View attachment 66846
and I would like to get it working again if its not too expensive. It was manufactured by 21st century toys and I haven't had much luck finding stuff for it. I know at the very minimum it needs a battery and controller, so I was wondering where I should look for that kind of stuff around charlotte or online.

index.php

Your REAL problem is gonna be finding a replacement for that broken main gun. You MIGHT get lucky on eBay, but more likely you'll find one or more of the same brand in better shape, and you can use the one you have now for parts on the "new" one.

I have one of those 1/18th scale M26 Pershings. Instead of using the "Snow Leopard" decals, I got a set from http://peddinghaus-decals.de for a REAL one, 3rd Armored Div, 33rd Armor, F-25, aka "Fireball". Did a bit of extra detailing, including PAINTING those bare metal sprockets, and it turned out nice.

The only drawback is, it didn't come with the engine/gun/motor sounds or smoke effect. But that's OK by me.

If you're just starting with these, I think the basic kits are best. They'll do what they're supposed to, but unless you plan to run it a lot, in "War Games", you really don't need all the metal tracks, heavy gears and servos, and all that stuff.

_Sgt. Steele CU.jpg

_FIREBALL NEW 01.jpg

_FIREBALL NEW 08.jpg

Hey “Cheerwineman” that’s a cool rc tank you have got and its massive. Do you know the make of this rc tank? I am also planning to get an rc tank. I browsed the internet and found some good deals at http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-tanks.html , still thinking whether to go for beginner model or go for advanced model. What do you suggest?

I know it was made by 21st Century Toys, as 1/9th scale. I never did get it running, actually had someone who read this post make me an offer on it and I sold it. Seems like Trebissky did a better job answering your questions then I could have.

Back