Exhaust Manifold Painting/Coating

orange150

Thoughts on painting or coating exhaust manifolds?

I was planning on cerakoting the exhaust manifolds on my 360, but after getting a quote for $200/ea I'm second guessing

Thoughts on painting or coating exhaust manifolds?

I was planning on cerakoting the exhaust manifolds on my 360, but after getting a quote for $200/ea I'm second guessing
I usually blast mine. And paint as many coats of high temp as I can. A lot of times about 10 coats. Seems to hold up well.

I bought the por15 manifold paint after finding out the same thing you did. Painted them and cured in a powder oven. Now, i can't tell you how they hold up because it's a project that's not finished, but they look nice.

20220313_094426.jpg

I've been using the Extreme Heat Rustoleum stuff for years. Not the 1200 degree stuff. The 2000-2200 degree stuff. It's held up quite well on the headers and diesel exhaust stuff I've used it on. I tried the VHT stuff on my RZR, but it flaked off with the quickness. I was disappointed because it looked fantastic! I used their primer, color, and clear.

I want to try ZyBar ZyCoat next though. You can spray it with a gun or get rattle cans. Pricey, but probably the closest thing you can get to having it "professionally" done.

I've been using the Extreme Heat Rustoleum stuff for years. Not the 1200 degree stuff. The 2000-2200 degree stuff. It's held up quite well on the headers and diesel exhaust stuff I've used it on. I tried the VHT stuff on my RZR, but it flaked off with the quickness. I was disappointed because it looked fantastic! I used their primer, color, and clear.

I want to try ZyBar ZyCoat next though. You can spray it with a gun or get rattle cans. Pricey, but probably the closest thing you can get to having it "professionally" done.
Yea, I have wrote off vht products anymore.

That zycoat stuff is kind of expensive. Didn’t see a rattle can option on their site.

In the grand scheme though, less than $100 to coat with a better product (according to marketing).
I’m comparing to an assumed 3 cans of the high heat rustoleam product at $10/can
Rust-Oleum 248903 12-Ounce 2000 Degree, Flat Black Automotive High Heat Spray Paint, 12 Ounce (Pack of 1) Amazon.com

It's there, but it's annoying to find on their website. They have primer and a couple of colors.

Back