Dutch John closed?

LBarr2002

Someone that was there this past weekend said Dutch John was taped off on both ends. I'll be there this weekend and just checking to see if anyone knows what's going on or if it will be closed for the season?

According to Uwharrie OHV Fam group on FB, there is a contractor doing work on Dutch John from the top of the hill climb to the Rocky Mountain Loop intersection. They didn't say in the post what they were doing, and I didn't look back at older posts at the time. Maybe @R Q knows.

Duane

According to Uwharrie OHV Fam group on FB, there is a contractor doing work on Dutch John from the top of the hill climb to the Rocky Mountain Loop intersection. They didn't say in the post what they were doing, and I didn't look back at older posts at the time. Maybe @R Q knows.

Duane
This. Trail maintenance that was supposed to be done is just now getting done is what I also read.

Why not just wait another week to close it and they'll have the whole place to them selves.
This is all stuff that was supposed to be done last closer. But Covid shut it all down. So they are doing it now and this closure there will be a new round of things to do.

Back