Cheap car AC help

benXJ

Any recomendations of a 'backyard' mechanic that does vehicle AC work? The AC in my 2014 F150 has stopped blowing cold, so I assume a leak somewhere.

But would really like to avoid the $150 an hour!

Close to Raleigh if possible.
Thanks!

Just grab a kit from autozone. Mine has a slow leak, I put maybe 1/4 of a small can in it every 3-4 months. $16 a can..... Mine is an 05 and I don't see myself dropping $1500 on a $1800 truck to fix it properly..

Just grab a kit from autozone. Mine has a slow leak, I put maybe 1/4 of a small can in it every 3-4 months. $16 a can..... Mine is an 05 and I don't see myself dropping $1500 on a $1800 truck to fix it properly..
You haven’t went to buy a can lately. Unless you’re using hoses and a 1 pound can maybe. Those can kits are wild now

Yea...the truck is nice enough and I have 5 other project/older cars to keep running too. I'll pay a bit to find a leaking o-ring and do a proper recharge.

I'd like to have at least 1 car that I didn't have to constantly mess with.

N-tune automotive in Durham gets all the AC work on my family’s vehicles. They have been honest and do good work and prices are fair. I have had a bunch of work done there.
I have heard bad stories from friends who spent lots of money at other shops and still had poor results.
919-401-2612. If you do go there, tell P.D. or Matt that Richard sent you. :)

Back