Axle suggestions Spider 9 vs Dana 60 for Jeep JL

RoknXJ

I like going against the grain most of the time and am looking into 9" front and rear axles vs the usual dana 60s everyone is running. 9s are lighter than the 60s, so that's a plus! Anything I should consider either way? Looking at Miller Motorsports JL Spider 9s and Fusion 4x4s Elite 60/60.

Probably would run between 38s and 40s, mainly want bulletproof axles that I won't need to worry about for a long time, but if it makes sense for the 9s and I could save some weight that would be a bonus.

If this thing is going to get wheeled, I would go with 9's.
The weight savings is nice, but the ground clearance is real nice. Not to mention the benefits of a drop out 3rd.

Millers 9s are better in every way except cost.
If you can swing the extra $$ it’s a no brainer to me.
And Erik is a good dude.

Last edited:
Out of those two options I’d go 9” for sure for all the reasons already mentioned.

If you wanted to go a different/cheaper route I have a complete Artec Apex 14 bolt swap truss kit for a JL.I ended up with it as part of a package deal on some other parts I bought and I have no need for it. I could let it go pretty cheap.

Either way definitely don’t waste your money on a rear 60.

All the trusses out there make it a no brainer. Imma do my jk here soon
Yeah, for sure. I’m actually using the JK/JL specific Artec Apex truss on my LJ. I’m doing a 3 link so the difference in the control arm mounts doesn’t matter. The spring pad width is wider than the TJ/LJ platform, but the Artec TJ truss already has the wider spring pad width anyway to clear the pumpkin.

That’s how I ended up with the rear JL truss. I got them as a pair locally on Marketplace for cheaper than the TJ specific 60 truss is by itself.

Back