The Hornet. 96 S-10 2wd to 4wd

Lower Shock Tab Weld Prep.JPG

Lower Shock Tab Welded.JPG

Again, I'm not a certified welder, but I'm open to any constructive feedback. I'd rather overkill the thing than have it fall apart on the trail.

Shock Hoops Installed.JPG

As it sits now, I have 7.5" of compression travel and only 4.5" of droop available. I was actually hoping for those numbers to be opposite of each other. Right now I'm eyeballing a set of 14" shocks to get a little more droop, but I'm definitely going to cycle the front suspension before anything gets ordered. I'm sort of attached to my fenders and those pretty lines so I'll do what it takes to keep my tires away from those.

Finally got some more work done on the truck. Picked up a set of Total Metal Innovations weld on beadlocks. I opted for the 3/16" instead of the 1/4" just for that little bit of weight savings. My 8 year old picked out the design and my 5 year old picked out the color. Pretty good looking setup if you ask me. Especially with kids making the decisions.

Beadlock TIG welded.JPG

Big THANKS! to Alan at Axis Fab Shop in VA for TIG welding these on for me. Every attempt is being made to keep these things air tight.

Beadlock Anti-Coning.JPG

Here's one all mounted up and ready. That blue my son picked is definitely shiny in the sun. Thank the lord he put down that can of baby blue he started out with.

Beadlocks mounted.JPG

Beadlocks installed.JPG

Rear ride height.JPG

Also, started final assembly on the front axle. Welded up diff armor from Trail Gear and slowly started putting all these pieces back together with several coats of paint on everything. It'll be shiny at least one day in its life.

Diff Armor.JPG

Coming along quite nicely. :smokin:

Don't yell at me, but I'm putting OE axle shafts back in for now. I'm a glutton for punishment and I almost enjoy working on my truck as much as I like wheeling it. I have 2 sets of OE shafts and I'm going to break them all before I finally spend out on a set of RCV ones.

Driver Hub.JPG

Driver Knuckle.JPG

Picked up a set of those Trail Safe rubber seals and Rock Rings as well. I've never been a fan of felts and I'm glad to see somebody finally made something better.

Chance working.JPG

Finally got the last few pieces I was missing and got her back on the ground.

Drilling hubs for studs.JPG

Hubs drilled for TG Drive Flanges

Back