Anyone going to URE Sat 4-30?

broncosbybart

Is it 5 YET?
If anyone is riding this weekend, can you post up if there are still 2 vehicles left broken on Dutch John? Both were near the last stream crossing by the big climb. One looked like a GM Suburban or similar and the other was a Cherokee. The windshield on the XJ was destroyed. Not sure if that was vandalism. Hopefully they'll be fixed and gone but let me know if they're still there.

If anyone is riding this weekend, can you post up if there are still 2 vehicles left broken on Dutch John? Both were near the last stream crossing by the big climb. One looked like a GM Suburban or similar and the other was a Cherokee. The windshield on the XJ was destroyed. Not sure if that was vandalism. Hopefully they'll be fixed and gone but let me know if they're still there.
I'm going up riding Saturday, if it's still there ill try to remember to respond back here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Going Saturday but I don't think I'm equipped to handle Dutch John.

I didn't see any broke rigs this weekend, we did everything except Daniel because my truck started skipping.

Good deal. Thanks!

Last week we fixed a couple sections of guard rail on the dickey bell climb that were taken down. Hopefully they are still up. That section of rail needs some work done to it.

Good deal. Thanks!

Last week we fixed a couple sections of guard rail on the dickey bell climb that were taken down. Hopefully they are still up. That section of rail needs some work done to it.
What specific parts please. My better half is leading this next workday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was the rail on the right side as you're going up the hill. 2 sections were removed about half way up and the rail at the upper end was removed to create a bypass. The post at the very top was removed. We didn't have any hardware or a post hole digger, so we robbed a few bolts as needed and dug a shallow hole for the one post. It could use more hardware and a few more posts attached to it.

Here was the top part we fixed. The rail might have been torn down again by now. The atv's did not seem to like going up the hill climb.

image.jpg

That was our thoughts too. The posts should be sunk deeper also. The large rental 2 person augers we used on the work weekend were incredible. It'd be awesome to acquire one of those.

I saw (what was at one time) a really nice looking TJ on the first ledge at Daniel that looked broken down , but it was getting towed out.

Well he flopped it that day. So that did not count.

This one?

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160502_bdc782049352f7b2c2db974fa27e543d.jpg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160502_a2657fff8c41570a1b9d94a2895affec.jpg

yep that's it...we passed them on the way up the first ledge on Daniel, rode the whole place, both directions and passed them again in the same spot on the way out. Looked like a a bad day for that guy. I was on a KTM my buddy on a Cr250, I got ejected over the bars myself and tore up a few things on the bike, thankfully not myself.

That thing looked very likely to be a DD from my internet guessamacation. I wonder if he's got any parts I need

he is still deciding what to do

Asked some 'Zu owners if they saw anything on other trails they went on. Nada
I didn't see any broke rigs this weekend, we did everything except Daniel because my truck started skipping.

I believe we ran into each other over the weekend.
ai.imgur.com_HI5jMsml.jpg

Yep. That was me and my Dad

Did he end up on his lid? Was it not drivable?

flipped it on Daniel..

crushed radiator so did not want to drive it and mess up motor..

he messed up windshield, hood, fender, grill, tub, soft top, etc

flipped it on Daniel..

crushed radiator so did not want to drive it and mess up motor..

he messed up windshield, hood, fender, grill, tub, soft top, etc

Sorry to hear, was he OK? Have a cage in there?

Sorry to hear, was he OK? Have a cage in there?

yup he had a cage and he was fine.. reason the windshield only crumpled as far as it did was due to cage

Last edited:
Back