Polaris almost got it right

jeepinmatt

..l.
RZR wasn't utilitarian enough, and Ranger wasn't sporty enough, so they made the General. Would be perfect if the cost were 50% less (MSRP $19,999):

Dominate the trails and conquer tough jobs View as web page

View attachment 201683 RZR® GENERAL™ RANGER® ACE™ Sportsman®

aci5_googleusercontent_com_proxy_aIHO7X8_HSuRghyaMMTwmai5Ifhwddfb46fde8fe2326f72f4a47b068eb5eb.jpg

TESTED, TOUGH, AND IN CHARGE: POLARIS GENERAL™

Built for the work-hard, play-hard riders who demand ultimate versatility without compromise, the all-new Polaris GENERAL™ 1000 EPS takes recreational utility to the next level. Battle it all with class-leading features to dominate the trails and conquer tough jobs.

POWER

999cc ProStar® twin cylinder engine with class-best 100 HP and 65 ft-lbs of torque

SUSPENSION

Class-best 12.25" front / 13.2" rear suspension travel

INTERIOR

New bucket seats that lock you in, new tilt digital instrumentation, and class-leading storage solutions with a center console

EXTERIOR

600 lb dumping cargo box, class-leading1,100 lb payload capacity, and 1,500 lbtowing with a standard 2" receiver

EXPLORE GENERAL™ WATCH LAUNCH VIDEO

aci5_googleusercontent_com_proxy_913R_IDB24w0ZoYpqpwGO7i3odhumb6ff08176dd747a7edae453d33c07921.jpg

POLARIS GENERAL™ 1000 EPS
INDY RED (available March 2016)

Standard features include half doors, power steering, engine braking system, and Lock & Ride® Pro Fit cab integration.

EXPLORE

VELOCITY BLUE

Additional accessories include cast aluminum wheels, GBC Dirt Commander tires, Polaris HD 4,500 lb winch, and low profile front bumper.

EXPLORE

aci4_googleusercontent_com_proxy_uSy6s7okgmSVYa4sAXA1BI2PWfDWP86c3243037dad3c553261811eaab0a79.jpg

aci5_googleusercontent_com_proxy_2L1cgbGVboJapzEDs_FvT2xrDjnxAb977457373c8accc90cb2fde2f285ee2.jpg

DELUXE ORANGE BURST

Deluxe additions include FOX Podium X 2.0 QS3 shocks, Lock & Ride® sport roof, MTX® 8-speaker premium audio system, and rear view mirror.

EXPLORE

Seen this earlier today, I've been debating on the side x side deal for a while, I think I'll wait and buy a buggy for a third of the price.

I like it and had been saying for years if they made a rzr with a usable bed it would be popular and something I would be interested in. But for $20k, I'll pass.

CanAm has been making the commander since 2010ish, but it didn't really have any competition. I thought about trading my TJ for one, but the idea of trading a 4 seat, street legal vehicle with AC that could cruise down the highway, in exchange for a big 4wheeler with a tiny dump bed...
I just couldn't do it.

You could buya whole garage full of Samurais for the price of a side by side.
And they're about the same size.

Matt

2016 Polaris GENERAL 1000 EPS Indy Red : Features

only $15999 for red!!

general.jpg

Cool rig, but the price....

That's MSRP. They'l be available for $14,000 ish.

STill a LOT of $$$

I saw a Zuk on CL the other day for $20k+, and the Polaris comes with a warranty....

If you buy a Polaris get a extended warranty you'll need it , they stay tore up constantly,can am is only way to go for a side by side,you can pick up a used commander for 9k easily.

Arctic Cat 1000 wildcat is not a bad "cost effective" sport SxS. A few local guys have them and beat them and they are holding up pretty good. They don't do well as submarines though.

I saw a Zuk on CL the other day for $20k+, and the Polaris comes with a warranty....

Must have been a typo with an extra zero on that price, lol.

I bought my Samurai for $800 over 10 yrs ago. Total invested to date with all upgrades and repairs is $5,500.

Picked up a Honda pioneer 1000eps last week. In my opinion the best money can buy.

Back