Links on a cast wedge 44!

my98xj

Ok guys about 3 years ago I swapped a hp 44 cast wedge axle under my xj. I copied project broke ass and had rides extend some radius arms for me. For the last 3 years it done well but doesn't articulate as well as I would like. So I was thinking when the time comes I would just get a new housing and go 3 or 4 link..... then I stumbled across this?

Attachments

• cbushheim.jpg
    cbushheim.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 672
I know it looks a little haggard but my jeep is the epitome of a budget rig and I wouldnt care lol. Only issue is aside from this picture I can't find any other info. Any of you guys that are good with 3 or 4 link know any reason this might not work?

I don't know that I have pics, but I did something similar with my old YJ when I 3 linked it. I cut the arm, bored a hole in it and welded in weldable bushings. Then I heated 1/4x1 bar, bent and welded it around the arm for strength so it could not pull apart. Hard to explain, but it turned out really nice. I know it's still out there and it's had the crap beat out of it. Drove great also. That one in the pic looks a little sketchy to me though.

I can't tell if I would trust those tabs that are holding the heim on; but as long as that looks good, i would run it. Make sure you got some super tight c-bushings.

That is essentially a 'wristed' radius arm. Do a google search on that topic. I have one on my cab truck. I can actually stick a hitch pin in an additional hole on mine to lock it in place for street driving if desired.

I'm not interested in a wristep radius arm set up. I've researched it. And yea I would probably find a better way to secure the lower link. My real question is the upper link for the axle. I would pretty much have to run it on the passenger side for clearance purposes. With the lower link mounts on what's left if the radius arm it puts the lower link mounts a few inches farther back than the upper link mount. Would that cause issues? I've never done a link set up before....

Justjeepin86 I would love to see some pics if you can find them

Back