New to Eastern NC and need a shop!!

ralatkins

Just moved down east and I have a 4runner that needs modded! I'm looking for general mechanic, suspension work and exhaust in the Rocky Mount to Greenville area. Any suggestions?

If there are other 4Runner or Toyo owners in the area that are interested in helping a noob, then I'm interested in that too. I'd love to learn to do a lot of this stuff myself.

Last edited:
Im in Rocky Mount, but generally don't do work for anyone other than myself or family. I would stay away from down east offroad in Wilson. What specifically are you wanting to get done? Separate from that what are you wanting to learn? Where are you located? The few places I feel comfortable enough to recommend participate regularly on the forum. A lot of those places will be in the area from RDU to Greensboro to Charlotte. There are several more even father away. Down East Offroad in Wilson deliberately rip people off and do inferior work. Its been covered many times, and just giving a fair warning. Ill be glad to help in any way I can with advice or a helping hand when time allows.

I'm in Greenville.

I second the non-recommendation mentioned above. There are some down in the Havelock area that are less than stellar as well.

There are some great resources around for Toyota vehicles if you want stock work done or need some replacement parts or engine work. But, for suspension work, you'll need to do that yourself, have a buddy that knows what to do, or take it to the Raleigh area.

Feel free to PM if you need any specific info or recommendations.

Back