where ya going what ya doing for a summer vacation?

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
Just curious. We don’t have anything planned yet and it got me wondering what everyone else is doing. May give me some ideas.

We’re taking the camper to koa in the outer banks for Memorial Day. I’m not excited about that tow lol 😂. But lately cruises have been our go to vacations. I love the cheap and prepaid everything included.

In two weeks we're are towing the camper to jekyll Island, and probably 4 or 5 more long weekend trips through the year. So nice to not have to adhear to a summer schedule now that kids are out of school. Also wife and I plus a group of friends are going on a 5 day cruise, my first time going. I'm not so sure about the cruise. I need to keep busy and it takes a few days before I really relax.

1714410530265.png

Kinda skipping the regular family vacation, me my dad and two other guys are taking side by sides up to Newfoundland to do the T'Railway across the island. Parking truck/trailer in Nova Scotia and taking SxSs on the ferry to the east end of the Newfoundland, riding ~600 miles to the west end of the island, then ferrying back to the trailer in Nova Scotia.

Planning a few weekend camping trips now that our oldest is old enough to really get into it. Other than that, just saving days for this fall. I am taking off the whole week of the all star race, but im working it. So kind of a vacation? Definitely better than working my day job lol.

I still have all the fireworks from ‘23 we didn’t light off 🤣
You un-American-ness makes George Eagle Washington sad. Who doesn't shoot all the fireworks?!?!?!?!

We are doing a week up in New River Gorge National Park.

Got plenty of hiking, paddle boarding, white water rafting, water park, zip lining, etc.
Leaving the bikes at home?

Depends... step-daughter is moving to Kali early June. Supposedly has a friend (flaky as fawk) going to ride out/fly back, but understands that IF she bails, *I* will be accompanying without room for argument.

The 3rd week of June... the 23rd Annual Jeepster JAM on the backside of WindRock.

Remaining PTO banked for Alaskan cruise with the inlaws this fall.

Just bought a camper. The 2 girls are now 6 and 8. So time to get them out there. If they take to it I'll buy a newer bigger one in a couple years. Plan to try jellystone golden valley cause of the water park. Past few years at the beach they spend all their time at the pool and almost have to be made go down to the beach. I can do probably 3 weeks at jellystone for the price of renting the condo for 1.

We rent a house with my wifes siblings at Holden Beach. Ocean front with pool, I go to store the day we get there, food lots of beer. I don't get back in Truck until one week later when we head home. Each family cooks dinner one night each then one night of leftovers. I still get up early damn internal alarm clock. So I usually cook a big spread of breakfast that everyone enjoys at there leisure . My phone is off all my clients and my employees know not to bother me. I've been doing this for 13 years.

Back