Lots of interesting news today

In other news, water makes things wet.

Paywall so can't read it but it's easy to guess the story.
The difference is of course that PhD (or any R&D degree) will provide more of a guarantee of a lifelong career income. Hope she invests that $$$ well bc there's no way it will last and finding a "real job" afterwards won't be trivial.

IOW, don't be a dummy. Get your educashun first, THEN take your closes off for money.
I have no education. I make people pay me to put my clothes back on lol 😂

Looks like neuroscience is a losing industry compared to other opportunities. I guess you screwed up @RatLabGuy.

Could not imagine paying money to see any of that.
Could not imagine paying money to see Business Insider either.

In other news, water makes things wet.

Paywall so can't read it but it's easy to guess the story.
The difference is of course that PhD (or any R&D degree) will provide more of a guarantee of a lifelong career income. Hope she invests that $$$ well bc there's no way it will last and finding a "real job" afterwards won't be trivial.

IOW, don't be a dummy. Get your educashun first, THEN take your closes off for money.
I mean, I get what you're saying, but maybe math class is different in brain scientist school. Making $4 million in ONE year, vs making $4 million over 30 years ($133k/year average) still works out to the same money, except if you invest just a million of that $4mil when you make it (realistically half of your take home), it will pay huge dividends in 20-30 years, unlike the $133k/yr that allows you to get by and sock away $5-25k/yr. Also, there will be plenty of residual income in the years to come on whatever she did to earn that $4mil in one year.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but maybe math class is different in brain scientist school. Making $4 million in ONE year, vs making $4 million over 30 years ($133k/year average) still works out to the same money, except if you invest just a million of that $4mil when you make it (realistically half of your take home), it will pay huge dividends in 20-30 years, unlike the $133k/yr that allows you to get by and sock away $5-25k/yr. Also, there will be plenty of residual income in the years to come on whatever she did to earn that $4mil in one year.
I looks like you've put a lot of thought into the OnlyFans business model.

If only I had said I hope she invests that money.
Oh... wait. I did!

A really major difference is taxes. You're not only paying as self employed, your bracket is way higher. What di you think teh take home of $4m a year earned income is? Then YOYO for insurance and all benefits.
Then - $133k for a PhD, or any kind of advanced degree in a STEM field - is not that unusual at all, and to be the mean across a career would be very believeable. I can tell you we're hiring PhDs today whose average annual salary across their career will be way higher than that.

EDIT: since I'm bored I did some quick math. If you started at only 80k/ year, and had only 6% salary growth average per year for 30 years, your total earnings would be >$6.3m.

I'm not saying its the better deal by any means, but it isn't so simple.

Last edited:
What di you think teh take home of $4m a year earned income is?
if you invest just a million of that $4mil when you make it (realistically half of your take home)
If $1,000,000=“half of your take home”
Then take home=$2,000,000

I’d rather make $4mil this year than $6.3mil over 30 years.

The $4 million was just one year. She might do it for several years.

Well, I guess they crossed that line.

Well, here comes high gas prices…
“The joint strike came after Iranian forces seized an oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman early Thursday morning.”

Well, here comes high gas prices…
“The joint strike came after Iranian forces seized an oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman early Thursday morning.”
Thanks for the heads up. I cashed out a coupon please grand of oil stocks a few weeks back when the price was falling. I'll buy them all.back tomorrow

Woman called and complained to WRAL about $15. And those fools ran the story. Wft

Don't leave the tip line blank, and if you got a problem, go see the manager in person. Wait months, and get the news team involved when all you had to do was go down there with your copy of the receipt the next day. And if $15 is gonna screw your monthly finances, you don't have enough money to go out partying like it's your birthday!

Woman called and complained to WRAL about $15. And those fools ran the story. Wft

I agree there are definitely more important stories.
her name is Karen :lol:
But I also imagine had she not continued to escalate, she would have never gotten her money back. Was she supposed to just say nothing?

Maybe it would be useful to a guy wanting to make side cash doing detailing for other people and needs a place to work.

Back