Blackstone griddle questions

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
Do you find that you need the hood for the Blackstone when cooking? I’m thinking about getting the 17”, but it doesn’t have a hood.

I dont have a hood on my 28". Occasionally I would like to have one, to hold the heat in when cooking some things. But all of the ones that come with the griddles, arent designed to be used when cooking; just for storage. I just use stainless bowls over the food when needed.

I have it on my new one and didn't think I would use it.....but use it about every time I cook on it, We cook a lot of corn in the husk and "steam" a lot of veggies.

Wife has a 36", Dad has a 17" & 24"...they use the stainless bowls & trays to cover.

Dad made a storage cover for the 17" out of a diamond plate tailgate protector, works well.

I have the 36”. Literally was watching this flat grill YouTube channel (The Hungry Hussey, he lives up the road from me) and told my wife I wish I had the one with the hood.

But overall, I haven’t needed it. It’s been the best grill Ive ever bought. Those steamers are awesome for those few things I might need to use them on.

Question what are you cooking that you would need a hood?

We just have a couple of basting domes.
No hood needed.

We have the 36" and use a big stainless bowl from the restaurant supply to steam anything. Mostly to melt cheese on burgers. If it's something I want well done, like corn on the cob, I microwave it first and then put it on the griddle for seasoning.

As others have said, we just use a ss dome to melt cheese or to steam veggies.

I’d like to figure out a way to take a 36” and ditch the legs/stand and just make the top slide or swivel off my crawler hauler. I don’t wanna load/unload my current one, but don’t want a 17” either

I’d like to figure out a way to take a 36” and ditch the legs/stand and just make the top slide or swivel off my crawler hauler. I don’t wanna load/unload my current one, but don’t want a 17” either

I agree. I toted my 36 to work once a month to cook breakfast for the guys and it got old. That damn thing is heavy! I would love to some make one that folded up "handtruck" style like the blue rhino razor.

We bought the 22" set from Walmart that came with the folding stand basically as a test. Wife liked using it but it was too small for big hibachi meals so we got the 36" and moved the 22" to camper duty. Camper also came with a 17" bush kitchen which is just a rebranded Blackstone 17". I used the 17" (for the first time) and the 22" to cook for the club last weekend.

I agree. I toted my 36 to work once a month to cook breakfast for the guys and it got old. That damn thing is heavy! I would love to some make one that folded up "handtruck" style like the blue rhino razor.

I have the 28" version. It is the "adventure ready" model if that makes a difference. But i can fold the legs up under it. If I made a quick release for the shelf, it would work like a hand truck. I have a bag that i put the cook top it, to carry, as its the heavy part. Is the 36" not built the same way? I know they have full cabinet models now too.

The base of mine is basically a sheet metal box, so it wouldn't be hard to bolt it to some drawer slides or another mount. I have thought about a hitch mount for it. Basically built a mount off the base that had a 2" receiver tube that slide/mounted to the rear. Put it at a height so that all i had to do was wheel the blackstone over behind the truck, insert the tube between the truck and griddle, and then remove the legs. When you got back home, pin the legs back on and pull out the receiver tube to disconnect from the truck. Probably would need to strap down the top, to keep it from bouncing off. The chances are that it might be a pain if you needed to remove it at a different location, that was a different height.

I have the 28" version. It is the "adventure ready" model if that makes a difference. But i can fold the legs up under it. If I made a quick release for the shelf, it would work like a hand truck. I have a bag that i put the cook top it, to carry, as its the heavy part. Is the 36" not built the same way? I know they have full cabinet models now too.

The base of mine is basically a sheet metal box, so it wouldn't be hard to bolt it to some drawer slides or another mount. I have thought about a hitch mount for it. Basically built a mount off the base that had a 2" receiver tube that slide/mounted to the rear. Put it at a height so that all i had to do was wheel the blackstone over behind the truck, insert the tube between the truck and griddle, and then remove the legs. When you got back home, pin the legs back on and pull out the receiver tube to disconnect from the truck. Probably would need to strap down the top, to keep it from bouncing off. The chances are that it might be a pain if you needed to remove it at a different location, that was a different height.

The 36” I have doesn’t fold up like that. It would be quite a chore and would be easier to move as a whole with some help.

Back