22r to 22re swap?

**89mightymax**

Posted this on a facebook page. Figured I would here to get more input. **To the people with experience** meaning has done this before! I have a 86 exended cab pickup that's been solid axle swapped. It's my play toy and daily driver. It's a factory carborated 22r. How hard or extensive of a job is it to swap it over to fuel injection 22re?

I've got a fuel injection setup from a 89 22re if you don't have the parts yet. Got everything but the computer pm me if interested.

Just checked my thread from when I picked up the engine and it is an 88.

Easiest way is to use an entire cab harness. If not, you will have to take what you have, seperate out the cab junk in the engine bay so you basically hook up a few powers/grounds and the sensor feeds going to the instrument cluster. What are your wiring skills like? A novice could do an entire cab swap because its plug and play for the most part unless you get something that is late 80's (connectors change style somewhere in there). More advanced skills required for reading diagrams and hacking up a harness.

When I did mine I thinned out a harness and made a stand alone setup to run the injection. Couple of power and ground wires and done. I'm about to list the engine and harness in the for sale section and swap in a gm 3800sc. I'll do its harness the same way.

I thought all toyota trucks/4runners 85 and up were EFI unless it was a 2wd from factory? You sure someone didn't swap in a carbd motor? You may already have the wiring you need pushed back somewhere

Back