Who watches Battle Bots! It’s in now.

I have it recording. I enjoy watching them beat the shit out of each other. There are some bad ass bots on there!

Awesome show! How would you build one?

I watch it, seems like the only really successful ones are the vertical spinners (except for tombstone). It's alot different than I remember it being when it first started though.

I watched it last night until 9. I really enjoy the show. It's fun to watch the spinners tear up shit, but Witchdoctor got it's ass beat!

I run a robotics program for a local nonprofit, we have a couple FIRST Tech Challenge teams and a FIRST Robotics Challenge team.

Whenever we talk to other people about it the first thing is always, "is this like battle bots?"

(Sadly no, the bots do compete in tasks, and the level of completely is actually much greater)

Awesome show! How would you build one?
Once you've built a few robots you'll learn its really not that hard, these dont have incredible complexity or intricacy since they are completely teleoperated (not autonomous) or do really complex things.

They just have to be tough as shit and design in a way that repairing is easy. Just like racing and everything else, having sponsorship is key bc you're gonna burn through a lot of materials....

BattleBots has evolved considerably over the years.

Fyi theres a thing called "sumo bots" where you build a small robot that pushes another robot out of a circle ring... on its own.
You can build a basic one for about $50, a more reasonable for around $200, and a comp bot about $1000. Its a really awesome, easy community STEM activity.

I run a robotics program for a local nonprofit, we have a couple FIRST Tech Challenge teams and a FIRST Robotics Challenge team.

Whenever we talk to other people about it the first thing is always, "is this like battle bots?"

(Sadly no, the bots do compete in tasks, and the level of completely is actually much greater)

Once you've built a few robots you'll learn its really not that hard, these dont have incredible complexity or intricacy since they are completely teleoperated (not autonomous) or do really complex things.

They just have to be tough as shit and design in a way that repairing is easy. Just like racing and everything else, having sponsorship is key bc you're gonna burn through a lot of materials....

BattleBots has evolved considerably over the years.

Fyi theres a thing called "sumo bots" where you build a small robot that pushes another robot out of a circle ring... on its own.
You can build a basic one for about $50, a more reasonable for around $200, and a comp bot about $1000. Its a really awesome, easy community STEM activity.

Idk we would routinely turn our FIRST bot into battle bot and push others around or knock of a shooting arm (balls into hoops). If they can't move they can't score haha. The old days of team 612

Back