ZR2 Truggy Build

very nice!

Got a little more done today, don't hate on my hi-tek grill mounting system.

The hood and fenders are just sitting there, so they don't line up just yet.

I did realize today I made another big oops... The passenger side shock hoop is right in the way of the lower radiator hose "I have no idea what I am going to do about that yet", and I think I mangled one of my transmission lines trying to pull it out of the way.

Anyway, here you go.
ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy234.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy233.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy232.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy230.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy229.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy228.jpg

Finally got back on it. Front and rear shock locations are set "after many, many agravating attempts." The 18" shocks just seem to flex forever.

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy241.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy235.jpg

Not thrilled about the front but due to the radiator I had few options, I just had to get something in there. No it is not removable "yet" and probably won't be unless I get a V8 in there. I don't feel that it would be that big of a deal to put in a joint after the fact if needed.

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy236.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy238.jpg

The Orbital is right next to the manifold, hopefully that isn't a big problem. I guess only time will tell.

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy240.jpg

The rear anti-rock sway bar had to be modified to clear the tires at full articulation.

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy242.jpg

If anyone has some links to sites that make intake tubing "specifically the piece that bolts to the throttle body" let me know, I am going to have to hand make the intake system.

Measured for my rear driveshaft and I only have 1 3/8" of total travel in the shaft from full compression to full extension. It's amazing what a 4-link will let you do.

You're just gonna want a piece of exhaust tubing to make that intake Bill...check out what Knaffle did on his build thread.

Good to see some progress again my man!

Got the rear welded and put back in, everything is there except bump's and limit straps.
F911 Bolts throughout....
ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy253.jpg

Got a new plate a while back, I think it fits.
ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy248.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy249.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy250.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy252.jpg

Welded on some D-rings for when it's on the trailer.
ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Truggy_Truggy263.jpg

Bill,
What is that piece welded to the right side of the front diff and on top of the diff cover? Ram assist mount?

the whole build looks DAMN good bro:beer:

Looking good. Looking forward to seeing the wheeling in Harlan pics.

If you still have the same neighbors I bet they love that rig now. :lol:

<><Fish

I helped drop off Red's jeep buggy and while Red and BIll where pulling on the ramp,I got to noticing the neighbors to the right.They were out in the back yard putting a wooden swing set together.They stopped work and watched them pull up with big ole smiles on their faces.Guess the neighbors have been trained or like Ed and I where waiting for Bill to roll that thing on it's side.

I'm not much into buggy/truggy things but he did a damn good job on this chevy.Red has done an outstanding job on his jeep buggy also.

what degree ramp was that u were flexin on? we built one at the shop thats competition, i think like 42 maybe?? somethin in the 40s. just wondering what yalls were, cuz man it can flex!! :Rockon:

This is definitely one of the nicest cab trucks I have ever seen. Very nice.

what degree ramp was that u were flexin on? we built one at the shop thats competition, i think like 42 maybe?? somethin in the 40s. just wondering what yalls were, cuz man it can flex!! :Rockon:

The one you are talking about Brian is a 30 degree.

Back