ZJ takes on URE

Elliott

and loses. :flipoff2: well actually I pretty much walked up everything, we ran several trails but stopped after that farthest right line on rocky mount loop claimed my tie rod. As a quick fix we pulled it forward with a winch (just to keep it off the diff) and bottle jacked it up until it was straight enough to drive home. After a little alignment I didn't even get death wobble. All in all it was a great day to test everything out for next weeks trip to tellico. I just hope my currie steering doesnt pretzel up like this whenever it gets here. Onto the pics.

130_3045.jpg

130_3042.jpg

130_3052.jpg

130_3054.jpg

130_3066.jpg

Hah...looks like a good time. And I guess you found out why not only does inverse Y steering suck, but so does the .001 wall stock tie rod that jeep likes to use.

myself said:
puma... i saw your heep at the outpost but never saw you. not that i know what you look like.

what were you driving? i saw another ZJ there that was nicely built (minus the RK longarms).

braxton357 said:
Hah...looks like a good time. And I guess you found out why not only does inverse Y steering suck, but so does the .001 wall stock tie rod that jeep likes to use.

yeah tell me about it. I'm upgrading it with the setup from currie that still utilizes that inverted Y mess but I figure on the trail it'll be easier to swap out a broken TRE than a knuckle. I'll save dropping money into an axle when it isn't a Dana turdy.

sharksanddanger said:
looking good elliott, we will have to go soon once i get my leaf pack fixed.....

most definatley, let me know.

That rear bumper and tire carrier looks really nice. I would love to have something like that on my ZJ, is it a custom creation or did you get it from somewhere?

zjcrazy said:
That rear bumper and tire carrier looks really nice. I would love to have something like that on my ZJ, is it a custom creation or did you get it from somewhere?

its custom. Tomken and protofab make a ZJ rear bumper and tire carrier that aren't 1/2 bad.

myself, I think I saw your ZJ up there also. Let me know next time you plan on heading out. Also if you haven't checked out www.mallcrawlin.com its a great site for ZJ tech.

Puma297 said:
myself, I think I saw your ZJ up there also. Let me know next time you plan on heading out. Also if you haven't checked out www.mallcrawlin.com its a great site for ZJ tech.

i doubt you saw me on the trails... i didn't get there until almost 3 and that's when i saw your heep at the outpost. i only rode trails for an hour so anyway.

and yea i read mallcrawlin... here and there are about all i look at anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksanddanger
looking good elliott, we will have to go soon once i get my leaf pack fixed.....

most definatley, let me know.

All 3 of us need to hit it up if I ever get my heep into good enough shape to make it there and back..

just thought I'd update this same page. Here are pics from today. Just got back and wow it was one hell of a day. The group we went out with day did not fair so well. All in all ended up with 2 busted shafts, 1 destroyed driveshaft, body damage left and right, and my busted tcase. After high centering my unibody on a rock i was able to maneuver around it but not before teetering back and forth on my transfer case. Needless to say it bent my skid plate and crossmember and seperated the two halves of the transfer case. Onto the pics.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Puma297_uwharrie_uwharrie5.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Puma297_uwharrie_uwharrie8.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Puma297_uwharrie_uwharrie3.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Puma297_uwharrie_uwharrie11.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Puma297_uwharrie_uwharrie9.jpg

Back