ZJ front long arm (which parts did you use?)

Jeep_parts

I am going to build a front long arm setup for my ZJ and base it off the Clayton offroad front.

For the lower joints, I plan on using Enduro Joints.

I would like come input on which brand/ size joints I should use on the top.

Also, which bushings should I use? Which bungs should I use?

The lower arms are going to be built out of 2x2 (1/4” wall) and Uppers 1x1.

Let me know if you have personally built your control arms and what parts you used.

Thanks

Why run enduro joints on both sides on lower and heims on upper. Enduro don't have as much travel angle as a heim. On the uppers axle side your need a genright joint unless your fabricating someone else for an upper mount. Enduro joints on all frame sides and heims on axle side would give you better flex

Why run enduro joints on both sides on lower and heims on upper. Enduro don't have as much travel angle as a heim. On the uppers axle side your need a genright joint unless your fabricating someone else for an upper mount. Enduro joints on all frame sides and heims on axle side would give you better flex

He asked me what I would run and based on what he told me about his setup, that's what I suggested.
Until a 2" Enduro joint is available (since he wants to get everything from Barnes) it seems the 2" wide heim kit would fit the bill. Especially since he wants to run a RE style long arm.
If we're talking a true 3 link, the options and suggestions are different. Then I'd say a combo of Enduro and rebuildable bushings would work well. That's what I run personally on my own rig.
This is one of those discussions where there's a few ways to accomplish the same goal with different parts.

He will run out of spring and shock way before he hits max travel of an enduro joint. All of the xj 3 link builds that I do have a poly bushing on the axle end and enduro on the crossmember and a single 7/8" heim on the frame side upper.
I cut down a 1.80 step in a piece of 2"dom and weld into the ear on top of the diff so I can use a poly bushing and 5/8" bolt.

My original idea was to build a front kit like Clayton off-road. After talking with people who have actually built long arm kits for wj, xj etc, they have told me a true 3 link would be best.
Here is what I'm been thinking: Enduro joints on one end (maybe both ends) if I run them on the bottom I'll match match it on the top arm. As far as axle I already have a hp44 and I'll be designing and cutting my own mounts. I'm totally up for any input. Thank you for the great input

Back