ZJ axle swap

tailgunnerex

Looking for bolt in options to replace the HD 44 in my ZJ with an eye down the road for elocker installation. Would like to keep the wms to wms dimension as well as disc brakes.
Anyone out there worked out something similar?

ECGS is the way to go. The only other bolt in axle will be to downgrade to a D35

FWIW the D44hd, also called the D44a is not a horrible axle. With a skid and a heavy duty diff cover it is not bad. Biggest problem is the only locker available is an Aussie

prechate!
been looking into options for a while. found mention of a brace on an old forum, some group up in PA making them one at a time for this axle and it was reported as making this axle as rugged or more so than the typical dana 44. posting was a few years old so I didnt look into it. is there any of the well known manufacturers making one for this axle? as for the aussie, i ran across the same info on that forum, am really hoping for a selectable option. the 8.8 may be the way to go, unless i can happen across a dana 44 option with disc that has the same chunk position and i can just change the mounting set-up. jus' fishin for all options out there and t seems the 8.8 might be the way i have to go to get where i want to be..........

I ran a 8.8 in both of my ZJs, and have one in the TJ now, I think it is a good option and can handle 37s with a few upgrades.

Back