You pick the new XJ color.

Color?

• Total voters

loki_racer

The time has come to get NC4x4's vote on a color to paint the XJ. I'm going to start striping it this weekend and need to know what color I'm moving to.

Things to keep in mind are that I am putting General Grabber Red Letters on it and I have a Daytona Charger in my stable (so if I go with red it won't be a Jeep red, but a Daytona Charger TorRed color). My current stable:
alh5.ggpht.com__Gzxm7tdUec8_S7kpkx6g7NI_AAAAAAAAAYo_Lwd1_U4PqDQ_s800_IMG_0169.JPG

Choices are:

OD Green with flat black armor
ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d24_ExpeditionXJ_XJreassembly2009.jpg

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d24_ExpeditionXJ_DSC_1503.jpg

Coyote Tan
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm74_cosxjfan_chinawall5_26_08045.jpg

Orange
acarphotos.cardomain.com_ride_images_2_4994_3001_24984000001_large.jpg

article_gallery.php

Red
awww.redjeepclub.com_members_thomas1.jpg

awww.fotosdecarros.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_12_25_15_2001_Ja5083a7d66f746ee5447ab7e2a4f0502.jpg

Love that last red XJ..... I vote red, because red with black armor always has looked great in my book

I hear ya. My valve cover is painted pink because somebody said I wouldnt do it. It was worth a shot anyways.

The red looks good but I would consider a color that is easy to touch up. I like the flat OD green.

what color is your trailer? paint the XJ to match it, they seem to spend a lot of time together :flipoff2:
I'd like to paint mine Hot Rod / Mopar lime green. Its kind of unique, I'm not suggesting you do it, because then there's no way I will. Actually, I'm so cheap, chances are already slim that I'll repaint mine.
EDIT: I voted Coyote Tan, I really like that too

what color is your trailer? paint the XJ to match it, they seem to spend a lot of time together :flipoff2:
I'd like to paint mine Hot Rod / Mopar lime green. Its kind of unique, I'm not suggesting you do it, because then there's no way I will. Actually, I'm so cheap, chances are already slim that I'll repaint mine.
EDIT: I voted Coyote Tan, I really like that too

or the camaro green. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• greencam.jpg
    greencam.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 588
Red, that way when the paint get scratched, it will expose more red. And all the jambs will match etc. If not red, OD green.

Gonna have to 2nd the pink. I almost went pink with my old cherokee because of that... It ended up orange, but I asked like 10 friends what color I should go and at first everyone said pink with Black Bumpers and a racing stripe, I lol'd but I figured whats the harm. Id drive it, and I could say "You got outwheeled by the pink jeep"

I think you already made up your mind on red, subconciously, so Ill say OD greenl.

my color vote..... just buy one gallon and you can lay down about four layers like i did and you want have to worrie about it chipping off!!

tractor supply equiment yellow!!
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_trailer2.jpg

Color? Yellow I guess.

But I say dont paint it, put that $$$ towards a welder. You'll use it soooo much. You know that truss you want? You could make one for $30-$40. Then its getting close to paying for itself.

Not bustin' balls, just sayin.

what color is REDLYNER'S trailer? paint the XJ to match it, they seem to spend a lot of time together :flipoff2:

MAACO is gonna paint mine since they have a sale for $300 on there $499 package

Loki- Go swing by MAACO and take advantage of that.

I still say with the bling you have on the UPS truck right now, I couldn't do a spray paint green or tan.

I like red to match the other cars, but it is so close to stock that way.

I also like orange. I wheeled with two guys out West with orange XJs and they looked really slick.

Here they are together:

awww.jeepforum.com_gallery_data_4_MMM1.JPG

awww.jeepforum.com_gallery_data_4_medium_100_8646.jpg

awww.jeepforum.com_gallery_data_4_100_3331.jpg

I have had them 3 months or so. They are awesome, I think. They ride good and quite. I haven't been in nasty mud but I have been on wet trails. Never had a problem. The red letters will scuff off if you roll over something with the sidewall. I don't really know what else you want to know.

I vote OD green, but I think all Jeeps should be od green.. Another option is to have is sprayed with smooth textured bed liner material. They usually have a wide variety of color options and it will hold up better to trail damage.

Blue

Back