yota SaS swap

Ibayne

Its time for the swap. Hung up on full width or Yota axle. Anyone one with experience with either can you give me the pros an cons of each. Was gonna stay Yota but there hard to find was hoping chevy D44s an a 14bolt are a lil easier to find. Any info is greatly appreciated. The truck spends alot of time on the road, but it does spend some time in the woods. Nothing extreme, just trails and logging roads, back an forth to deer stands an such.

I see your in Fletcher I can give you a guy's number that will have any Toyota parts you want and he is in candler I am in Leicester and would help you with any info you will need I say toy front stock rear with what it sounds like you use the truck for dd- hunting you will not need full width Axel's

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

What’s got me on the fence is the width... l think I read something like 14 inches. If there was something not as wide would be different. Lots of folks say yota is as strong as Dana but I don’t know

Calling @Croatan_Kid ...

Maybe he'll chime in. He's got experience with SAS, both on some big shit, and he was involved in a SAS putting Bronco axles under a Dakota. I think he could lend you some learning.

Personally, I'd stay with Toyota axles. It's easier to get a narrow truck between stuff if you wheel it, plus, they're no where near as heavy! They're plenty strong and I'd say they're cheaper, but you can spend a bunch on a Toyota axle too.

Cheaper if you could find one lol. I’ve seen 2 yota ones for 500. I see in the parts for sale that the mars fab guy has a 44 Chevy for 150.... I see your points about the width looks wise that wide stance looks awesome. Half the stuff in the internet who knows if it’s Bs or not wanted some real world experience with you guys. Thanks for the help

If I were going to drop the money, I'd go with a Dana 60 front right to start with and just get it over with. I see so many people spend a small fortune fixing Dana 44s and then decide to get a Dana 60...but before I did that, I'd find a Toyota axle.

Personally, I'm not a fan of how most Toyotas look once they have full width axles under them. If you were to run somethinf with a crap ton of backspacing, like a factory H1 rim, it would look better to me. I don't like the whole tire/rim sticking out past the body.

I’m with you on that one... some are hit an miss. I’ve looked at a bunch on the internet some look good an some are terrible. I just read an article at Dana tech about narrowing a 44. Doesn’t seem to overly complicated.... except getting castor an pinion angles right before welding back on the Cs

Wish I was closer cause I have a complete yota axle set sitting in the yard I’d make you a deal on but don’t make it from Louisiana to NC very often....

I’m with you on that one... some are hit an miss. I’ve looked at a bunch on the internet some look good an some are terrible. I just read an article at Dana tech about narrowing a 44. Doesn’t seem to overly complicated.... except getting castor an pinion angles right before welding back on the Cs
if your in fletcher you do realize there are two toyota junk/parts yards one in burnsville and one in leicester?

79 80 81 82 83 TOYOTA TRUCK PARTS!!!

83 toyota truck PRICE DROP (parts truck on here for 450 has solid axle front, probably scrap the rest for a 100)

DONT FORGET CHEAP DOESNT GET YOU QUALITY, youd be ahead finding a axle that is geared already go with toyota axles.

here you go ohpee

k6k2VIt.png

also since its an 84 it has the longer bottom truss so thats a win.

Call this guy his name is Billy (828) 768-0196 he is off hyw 151 he has a front probably get one with the same gear as your rear for 300$ or less

Do the Chevy D44s have a drop-out differential like the Toys? I know nothing about them.
That is a super convenient feature when it comes time for regearing, if you need it take it to a shop etc.

Also, you have consider gear ratio options. You didn't say anything about swapping the rear axle - unless you can find identical matching ratio for the front you're going to have to change them both.

Do the Chevy D44s have a drop-out differential like the Toys? I know nothing about them.
That is a super convenient feature when it comes time for regearing, if you need it take it to a shop etc.

Also, you have consider gear ratio options. You didn't say anything about swapping the rear axle - unless you can find identical matching ratio for the front you're going to have to change them both.
no they do not. What kinda truck are you starting out with?

I would just use a Yota axle up front. You should be able to buy one for $200. I paid $200 for a front and rear several years ago.

Yes sir I’ve talked to the one in Burnsville once he gave me a price of 600 for the front....so I don’t think I’ll go that way. I’m just looking for options right now didn’t know what the guys have done it like better. And looks like it’s gonna be the yota axle probably. Even looked at the Waggy 44 but what I’ve read is you ain’t gaining anything with that one vs the yota

Yes sir I’ve talked to the one in Burnsville once he gave me a price of 600 for the front....so I don’t think I’ll go that way. I’m just looking for options right now didn’t know what the guys have done it like better. And looks like it’s gonna be the yota axle probably. Even looked at the Waggy 44 but what I’ve read is you ain’t gaining anything with that one vs the yota

$600 for a Yota front axle is highway robbery! I've read about people getting Super Duty D60's for that price!

$600 for a Yota front axle is highway robbery! I've read about people getting Super Duty D60's for that price!

Nah...I only gave 500 for mine :D

alright guys.....what kit did you guys use or have used. Skys or AllPro. i like the looks of Skys stuff never laid a hand on any of it but they seem to have some nice stuff. Talked to them on the phone an seems like i will need to buy some stuff to finish it out. Shocks, wheel spacers, springs unless i do RUF. Sky is cheaper than AllPro by about 4-5 hundred but if i have to buy that other seems ill be close to Allpro price. Allpro kit is everything in one box from what he told me over the phone.....ahhhh decisions decisions

What size tires do you plan on running and how much lift because some front Hanger's have lift built in to them and some do not

My choice of kit:

076174337259lg.jpg

images

6d0b7c8e-ef0b-4a66-b0e2-ff2912838e74._SL300__.jpg

HTB1TWpEMXXXXXa2XpXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

3m-green-corps-cut-off-wheel.jpg

plasma_cutter_cutting.jpg

mig_welder1_600.jpg

latest

Back