Yota on tons, dual trannies, 40's

Ok, Update time

100_08w19.jpg

100_08e18.jpg

100_08e16.jpg

Chad doesn't do any work, dont let him fool you. I'm the Mexican that gets paid 2 pesos a day and I get a bowl of stale rice if I do something neat.

Haha, I notice how his truck is coming along but he is up here with me taking classes. I guess he just hasn't let me know that he has a beaner brigade back home!

Good work man, glad to see you got the steering all taken care of. Thats a nice adapter too. keep up the good work.

yeah and i let cj do all the welding too. nothing like a good strong birdshit weld to keep things going! cj is just jealous because i do just as much work and can drink more beer while doing it. however, i do demand that he have my bean pie ready when i get home!

Just wondering how you run the dual tran setup. Do you put the rear one in a gear and leave it for a while? Reach behind you and shift it all the time?

Just wondering how you run the dual tran setup. Do you put the rear one in a gear and leave it for a while? Reach behind you and shift it all the time?

Basicly thats it, but the second shifter is actualy right infront of your hip. Makes for a nice short throw shifter.
Think of it as a 5 speed transmission, 5 speed t-case, then your normal t-case.

Benifits,

On road driving - 3rd gear is about 1.38(Depending on tranny)
Muliply that times your diff gears, 4.10 and you get a 5.67 on road gearing.

You dont have to do diff gears

Low range - 1st, 1st, low range = about 180:1 crawl (depending on which tranny you run).

Theres others, but thats the main ones.

Chad that's sweet man. I like the stance.... however, I think the bed needs some triangulation. And a reverse double wishbone somewhere.

Back