Yj on a 14' trailer

krehel24

<- and it begins!!!......
So I know my yj will physical fit on a 14' trailer, but will I end up with to much tongue weight ????

I have a 18' trailer I use now but because I only pull my yj behind my rv I would rather have a shorter trailer.. my idea is to sell the 18' and buy a 14' ..........thoughts ??....

Or shorter! I saved this picture long time ago!
cool trailer.jpg

I have a 14' trailer. 10' deck 4' dove. Love it. Have hauled up to a full size Dodge Ram on it. Wish mine were a little wider. Overall. It's a good size. I would prob go with a 16 if I found a deal on one my prob is I pickup a lot of random cars and parts. Wish it was flat deck and a little longer

My Jeep rides on my Hudson, which is 14' with 2' dove. Tires sit on deck, and I am 108" wheel base, plenty room in front. But more than anything, the tongue weight will largely depend on where your axles are located. Trailer axles that is.

So I know my yj will physical fit on a 14' trailer, but will I end up with to much tongue weight ????

It depends on the trailer... but how much is "too much"?

If the axles on the trailer are located correctly, it should be fine. Jeeps aren't crazy nose-heavy or anything like that. They're fairly close to 50/50. So long as the Jeep is centered on the body of the trailer, the tongue weight will be fine.

I saved this picture long time ago!

Are there any straps to keep the Jeep from rear-ending the tow vehicle?? :eek:

I love the dove. Drive right up with no ramps. Have aluminum ramps that are great for non 4x4s. I just find myself hauling lumber and other materials where I wish it was a flat deck

Back