YJ Build

levellinebrad

ROCKCORPS4x4 & EX-BDB
Nothing too fancy. May go as tall as a 33" tire but do not want to turn it into a rock buggy. There was an engine fire that destroyed the engine but most of the parts outside the engine bay are good. Not sure what motor to put back in it. I would like to keep it as a manual tranny but torn between a 350, an inline 6 or a 4bt. all suggestions welcome.

Here's a pic as it sets now.

Attachments

• 2011-07-17_13-41-14_301.jpg
    2011-07-17_13-41-14_301.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 436
drop a v8 in it. I dont think you'd be happy with a cummins only bc you wouldn't get enough wheel spin.

Even with a turbo? I just like the idea of getting more than 16 or 17 miles a gallon. It will probably get a small v 8. Probably the cheapest way to go I would imagine. This jeep will definitely be a mall crawler.

Don't you allready have a mall crawler? Lol

Small block chevy or ford with the power to weight should get decent milage. Plus they cheap and abundant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

if it was my rig i would put a sbc in it as well. but thats just my .02

Don't you allready have a mall crawler? Lol

Yep I do. I actually feel kinda stupid for beating a new jeep like I do and building an old yj as a dd/ mall crawler. There is a 4.8 chevy motor in the parts section. If he still has it when payday rolls around I may have to purchase it. Then I just need the tranny.

GM performance crate engine ............
ZZ572 to be exact.
Summit part # NAL-19201333
Enjoy!

572 cid motor? Just placed my order. should be here in about 2 weeks! Yeah right. I'll be lucky to scrape the cash together to put a junkyard motor in much less a new crate motor like that. I like the way you think though Paul.

Go with a used low mileage 5.3 for cheap.

If its going to be a Mall Crawler keep that Sweet design on the side...:huggy:

Small block chevy for the motor.

From what I hear, it will probably get a rainbow theme paint job. LOL

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back