WVO question

shocker998md

I was wondering if there are any people in the eastern part of Nc, im in the Havelock area, that deal with WVO. Ive been starting to read and read and then read some more about this, but have only seen a set up personally one time. Its my buddies back home that just pours the oil in a big tank, lets all the gunk settle to the bottom and then drain it out. Then he just pumps off the top into his truck, but i would rather not do it that way. Im looking more into heating it with a water heater, but i think it would make more sense if any locals have done this. Thanks for any help guys. also ill be looking at doing the set up when i get back from my deployment in july, so ill be wanting to get the gears rolling for when i get back next jan. LORD KNOWS how high fuel will be by then:shaking:

why are you looking into going with the bio method instead of heating and filtering the wvo? Im still very new to this and im also trying to see what would the the pros and cons of each. From what ive read so far it seems that heating and filtering like the link i showed you is cheaper and eaiser then the chemistry of bio.

I just like the challenge. Besides that I don't have to change anything on the vehicle

my buddy that just filters it back home didnt do anything to his truck, not saying that his way is the best to do it though, what would i have to change on my truck if i use the water heater setup in that previous link? i thought after i heated it up it could be ran after it was filtered?

From what I have read (I'll try to dig some of the links up) the stock fuel pump doesn't like WVO for very long. WVO really needs to be hot when running into your injectors thats why allot of kits use either 12 volt heaters in a separate tank and/or a coolant heater. That will keep the WVO more efficient from what I have been reading it's actually most effcient at 200 to 240 degrees when going in to the injectors.

Biodiesel and WVO

It is all about viscosity. Biodiesel becomes more viscous (free flowing) with a chemical reaction, WVO becomes more free flowing by heating. Both allow the respective liquids to flow properly through pumps, fuel rails etc. and keep your diesel happy.

Base "fuel"l in both is the same. Just different mechods of getting it to the cylinders of the engine.

Back