WVO container

mbalbritton

#@$%!
Don't know anything other than "I saw it"

What I saw, I pulled into our parking office parking lot here in Downtown Winston and at the end of the lot was a large Black container on wheels that had a sign on it. "Waste Kitchen Oil Only"

There was a Flip top door on top that had a grate under it to catch large items. There was probably, if I had to guess, 20+ gallons of WVO in the container.

If someone had a pump and a hose, I bet they could pump it right out. Now, if the oil "Belongs" to someone, I don't know. If it's considered theft to pull up and pump it out, I don't know. I had just never seen this before and thought I'd pass it on.

You do not know what you are talking about

It is people like you that give us running WVO a bad name for going around dumpster diving. Posting on a public forum that is alright to go around and steal oil because you do not know who it "belongs" to is illegal. Maybe you should read up on current waste oil collecting before posting something like this. When a restaurant has a "contract" with a rendering company they are entitled to all the waste oil. So you advertising that someone with a pump should take it is absurd.

ease up killer, it is to this point that I also stated....

Now, if the oil "Belongs" to someone, I don't know. If it's considered theft to pull up and pump it out, I don't know.

not sure if you read my entire post before flamming, but check it again.

TO ADD to this I also went back yesterday afternoon to see what signage there was on it and took a picture to clarify any misrepresentation I had given. Having issues getting picture from my phone to my email right now, but it does have a company listed on it that collects to recycle it. Yes I was a bit ahead of myself in posting this. My Bad!. No I do not condone theft. Thus I refrained from saying, hey go to this address and find oil for free.

It is people like you that give us running WVO a bad name for going around dumpster diving. Posting on a public forum that is alright to go around and steal oil because you do not know who it "belongs" to is illegal. Maybe you should read up on current waste oil collecting before posting something like this. When a restaurant has a "contract" with a rendering company they are entitled to all the waste oil. So you advertising that someone with a pump should take it is absurd.

Did you even read what the guy posted?

great post :poop: for brains.

Did you even read what the guy posted?
great post :poop: for brains.

Well I agree 100% with what he posted..

yes "mbalbritton" did say I do not know if this is allowed or not..

so they way I read it is that "earlybronco" was pointing out that YES it is illegal and yes it is wrong so do not do it..

and since he runs WVO he has more of a vested interest in this topic then others..

Plus the topic of stealing Grease is a hot topic on a lot of WVO bulletin boards.. kinda like how pissed we (the 4x4 community) get when people wheel of the TRAIL ..

so :poop: on you :)

This thread should be deleted

Please explain WHY..

this is a good educational info for others that may be thinking the same thing..

and he has no address listed.

wow, this thread is still breathing...

personally i wouldn't have my feeling hurt with it deleted, but I do feel it would serve as good info in saying, "hey don't do what dumba$$ was thinking."

but that's just me.

Back