WTB Diesel Truck

built-tj

Well im going to sell my VR6 Jetta for a diesel truck. Im a big fan of the cummins in the dodge. I see theres 12v and 24v, whats the big difference? Im going to be running in wvo also. Any years, models, and specs you all recommend? Did some reading, any updates would be appreciated.
Mike

I'm FAR from the expert...but from the little bit I've read, 12V is the way to go if WVO is in the plan...

however, I have gone from knowing absolutely nothing about them, to gaining quite a bit of knowledge from spending several hours each night on:

www.turbodieselregistry.com
www.dieseltruckresource.com

luckily...I bought mine on a Saturday, and headed out of town on business on Sunday...so I spent from ~6p-12m every night that week sitting in a hotel absorbing diesel knowledge...

the guys here know a lot of stuff, but there aren't a whole lot of topics to browse through, which is the only reason I recommend a couple other places to read...

I know I run into BRUISER on DTR at least once a week...since we both have 1st Gen Dodge CTD's...

Greg

Well im going to sell my VR6 Jetta for a diesel truck. Im a big fan of the cummins in the dodge. I see theres 12v and 24v, whats the big difference? Im going to be running in wvo also. Any years, models, and specs you all recommend? Did some reading, any updates would be appreciated.
Mike
Its all up to your money...
I know where one is 96 with a new motor at 95k has 140k+- now but he wants 14k for it 4x4 lb CC 2500
I have a 03 but really like the 12v if you get a stick it needs nothing or almost nothing to run fuel on it runs fuel off it dies. nothing to reboot or giv the boot no new downloads and crap like that.
Don't get me wrong mine is a good one but there is not much I can do it has a censor for everything even your but in the seat.
J

The 24V do NOT like WVO. You diffently want to get a older 12V. If you were just going to run #2 diesel than i would say each has there pros/cons, but if WVO is your goals...you really dont have a choice in my opinion.

Seth

Don't get me wrong mine is a good one but there is not much I can do it has a censor for everything even your but in the seat.
J

There probably is one of those, too (Airbags, seatbelt light, etc...) :lol:

The common rail engines do well on grease.

Yer shittin me... I would have figured for SURE that they would hate it, as sensitive as they are to imperfections in the fuel...

(Though you'd think the CTD injectors would have the same problems the D-max engine has, but it doesn't.. whooda thunkit)

P.S. for the right price, mine would be for sale, too..

Yer shittin me......
(Though you'd think the CTD injectors would have the same problems the D-max engine has, but it doesn't.. whooda thunkit)

Nah, DB spent and extra $0.25 per injector for the hardend seats and pintle ball inside, so they don't erode at least whisper of water intrusion.

GM on the other hand decided it was wise to save the extra quarter and hope that the warranty claims wouldn't exceed the savings.

Gee, wonder how thats workin' for them ?

Find anything you like yet Mike?

Back