Workday - March 26th

J.C.

Volunteer
We had a GREAT turnout for the workday! Must have been over 50 people, many rigs, 2 Bobcats, a pull behind auger and more. Thanks to everyone who came out and participated in getting the trails ready for opening weekend!

CTB teamed with Carolina Rovers and tackled guardrail installation on Rocky Mount Loop.

Great White towed 8, 25' length of guardrail into the trails.

NateDesign showed up with his nifty new off road trailer on 35" Pro Comp tires and handled the posts.

A beefy skidsteer made post holes a breeze!

Lots of hands and good equipment made for quick work!

We made it fun to get where we were going!

We got a LOT accomplished!

It was great to see so many turn out for the work day, I saw alot of hard work being done today. I am glad the rain held off and everyone made it out of the woods safe.

Sorry I missed it guys, but glad there was a good turn out!

i enjoyed my day down there,met a bunch of great guys...on the way home i stopped at my wifes work,5 miles from the house...backin into a spot i hear some squealing...popped the hood and my tensioner is locked up...went to advance auto,picked one up...tried to remove the tensioner pulley...BAM...she breaks the whole housing...back to advance auto...got the tensioner and pullet,mounted and rolling again

Yeah we had a good day with the NC4x4 crew, I think if anything, we had a little too much fun with the auger, lol Got alot of guardrail put up, tore down some old splitrail fencing, and got all the old split rail back outta the woods also. Was my first workday, but I had a great time and can't wait for the next one, can imagine its alot more fun during the wheeling season when you can hit the trails afterward, but figure the workload is probably alot lighter too.

Video of the auger fun.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150223851933356

Sorry I let you guys down. Would love to have been there. We'll make it up to you somehow!

This was the first outing for our new club, Triad Jeep Club, and Ken and I had a great time. We met some great people, put in a lot of work, and I got my new Jeep dirty for the first time. It was also the first time either of us had been to Uwharrie and we are looking forward to more wheeling and more work days!

David

forgot to mention our bobcat meltdown :p

Yeah, our skidsteer fun wasn't as fun as Eric's video :) We lost a track and both hoses to the auger. Lucky we had finished everything except one rail. Ranger Pete, oleblue and I got that up with the manslinger while they worked on the 'cat. Took quite awhile, and Pete had to go find a grease gun to put tension back on the track, but we drove her out :driver:

i got many pics of the work that was done along with a vid of auger rodeo. i hope to get the pics up monday.

Yeah, our skidsteer fun wasn't as fun as Eric's video :) We lost a track and both hoses to the auger. Lucky we had finished everything except one rail. Ranger Pete, oleblue and I got that up with the manslinger while they worked on the 'cat. Took quite awhile, and Pete had to go find a grease gun to put tension back on the track, but we drove her out :driver:

I like it, having to do a trailfix in the off season, there ya go!:driver:

IT was one super productive workday, and here's some pictures I got from the workday. The work went so smoothly it was hard to keep pace with the pictures, but I tried to keep up with it best I could.
ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0785.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0784.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0783.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0782.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0781.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0780.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0779.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0778.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0777.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0776.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0775.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0774.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0773.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0772.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0771.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0770.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0769.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0768.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0767.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0766.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0765.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0763.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0762.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0761.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0785.jpg

Had a great time working and riding yesterday. A great group of guys. Looking forward to doing some more Riding with you guys this year.
I took the tops off a lot of those water breaks with my skids yesterday, might even do some work on the TJ this year.:driver:

I'm thinking we should have a Bounty auger ride next work day! $100 pot! Whoever lasts the longest or gets slung the farthest wins! :D

I'm thinking we should have a Bounty auger ride next work day! $100 pot! Whoever lasts the longest or gets slung the farthest wins! :D

I remember saying at the work day we need to turn it into a contest. :lol:

This workday marked our 1 year anniversary of volunteering out at Uwharrie. And it was one of the best work days we have had. I think the biggest thing was everyone had a good attitude, and we even had a little (gasp) fun. And it was hard not to have a good attitude when everything went soooo smoothly and we didn't have any rain. It drizzled maybe for 5 minutes after we were done and were on our way to our short trail ride. Yes its true, unlike most heavy work days we did get some trail riding in (which is even rarer on an off-season work day). It wasn't anything huge, but we rode Wolfs Den, Slab Pile, and the bottom of Rocky Mount.

I was happy with how the "guard rail dragging kit" functioned, it turned out to be a good investment. And I got all 3 chains, 4 hooks, and 5 d-rings back. Thanks to everyone for making sure they got back to me. The only tool I think we were missing was a rock bar/tamp, which usually the forest service provides. Which wasn't a real big deal, we improvised on that part. Everyone worked together and we got all 12(or 13) pieces of guard rail in that we had. Plus we pulled out split rail fence, re-used/installed one section, AND hauled all the old split rail fence (including the stuff that had been sitting on the side of the trail) out to the parking lot.

I may get beaten to death driving the bobcat down the trail, but I have plenty of fun operating it/drilling holes etc. I appreciate the opportunity to operate the bobcat on the work days. I even heard a few people say they weren't even tired at the end of the work day. That is how smooth/efficient the work day went. We had enough people to switch out on jobs, and help in all areas needed.

The bobcat has become a great tool in our volunteering arsenal. Hopefully we will be able to come together and fund other rentals throughout the future work days. Thanks again to everyone for coming out and making this another successful workday! :beer:

Nice pics, and great to hear it went so well. Looks like you guys got 10 times more work accomplished than we did last month. When you've got the right equipment, you can flat-out get sh!t done!

Back