Winshield wiper trouble

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
The vehicle in question is a 98 Tahoe. Sometimes when I turn my windshield wipers on to swipe just once, they will continue swiping for many times. Sometimes they will stop half way across the windshield and stay there until I turn the switch on again. The problem has been occuring for about 6-12 months. I have never seen anything like this. Any recommendations on where to look first?

Thanks,
Danny

id check the motor and the connections there. The motor has a built in park function that makes it 'park' in the normal down spot. So when it doesnt do that the motor is messed up or its loosing power etc..

There is a replaceable wiper relay~module on the motor. That will cause exactly whay you are describing. Cheap, 20-30 bucks.

These wiper modules were on Recall from GM for quite awhile, not sure if the recall is still in effect.

3 T-20 torx screws and pull the cover off, pull module board out and replace with new. takes all of 5 min tops,

VERY common problem wih these body style trucks.

Kevin

Blkvoodoo said:
These wiper modules were on Recall from GM for quite awhile, not sure if the recall is still in effect.

3 T-20 torx screws and pull the cover off, pull module board out and replace with new. takes all of 5 min tops,

VERY common problem wih these body style trucks.

Kevin

Thanks for the tip. I picked one up at Azone and they are working correctly now.

DK

Back