Winch service

strange1

Got this used warn zeon10 and it will not freespool (surprisingly worked well and quiet besides not freespooling). After I get it cleaned out, what grease should I put back and how full should i pack it?

IMG_0498.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

Got this used warn zeon10 and it will not freespool (surprisingly worked well and quiet besides not freespooling). After I get it cleaned out, what grease should I put back and how full should i pack it?

View attachment 404981

View attachment 404982

View attachment 404983
High moly content grease. I got this from the amsoil rep in winston. It was not easy to find one that listed the moly content. Fyi, wear gloves. That shit is sticky. If you would like, you are welcome to get this tube as long as i get it back. You won't need much.
20231011_220351.jpg

Mine too... BUT common sense won out over stoopid $$ and used a 1# tub of random synthetic moly disc bearing grease... several years ago... only used for other folks rigs
I ordered a tube and have used it for several things over the years.

Screenshot_20231015-110305.png

Do use this... It's formula exceeds everything about the environment for a winch. Especially the tacky nature to keep it in contact with pressure sensitive faces. I also like the qualities that help prevent Emulsion with water should intrusion occur.

Back