Winch quick disconnect Harness and plug

Clubbs

I just ordered a wiz bang electric jack for the front of the boat trailer since the Fulton took a dump. Thinking about running one of those winch quick connect harnesses to the rear truck bumper. Always thought those where ridiculous for winches considering the voltage drop and all, but for a dinky little jack motor it might be alright. But they sure seem way more expensive than they used to be. Anyone got a lead on a cheaper one under $150? Otherwise I'll make my own

eBay
There's some Anderson power pole knock off.. uchlin is the brand. I ran 0 or 2/0 (.5" wire diameter, was like $2.50/ft) front to rear on my xj that @336wheeler has now, with the 175a connectors f/r. Winch and jumper cables worked fine in either position. If I remember right, a pair of connectors was like $15.. and you have to have a hell of a crimper.. or use a ball joint press with a solid piece in the open end to crush it.

If you know what you need for gauge and length, try someplace like BestBoatWire, who will make custom cables for cheap. They'll do the crimping and heat shrink. They carry Anderson connectors as well. You'll probably need to get a custom quote for what you want. I've got some battery and trolling motor cables for the boat from them in the past and they were awesome.

If I'm not mistaken, don't most electric jacks work off the 12v accessory wire in the factory trailer wiring harness?

I think most are power off the trailer vs. the towrig, but don't appear to be the high amp draw of a winch, so it you have a 7pin, just tap the 12V (+ & -) there and have at it.
@Tater added an electric tongue jack to his enclosed hauler a couple(?) years back... with likely 12awg (don't thin it was 10) from the trailers 12V and works just fine.

Your both right. Jack came in yesterday and the motor is so small I plan to run it off the 7 pin. Hope it's got enough gear ratio to lift the boat trailer tongue...

Your both right. Jack came in yesterday and the motor is so small I plan to run it off the 7 pin. Hope it's got enough gear ratio to lift the boat trailer tongue...
It should be, our powered jack worked fine on the front of our 35’ BP toy hauler we used to have.

keep the screw inside the jack lubed as well as the thrust bearing at the top and you shouldn't have any issues

Back