Winch help

Bhudgins

What are the benefits of running a contactor I have a older warn xd9 it's never let me down but it has had me pissed a couple times some times it will work just fine and sometimes it will click until I beat it up a little just wanted to bring this winch into the 21st century also what all is needed for the swap
15432335d1b939647e8ba5ba5e586bde.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I replaced my old solenoid with a contactor pack.
My brake was not working and I ended up burning my motor up trying to turn a Jeep over.
Wiring had melted sheathing all over, but the contactor still worked great.
Fixed the brake and replaced the motor and it worked flawlessly.

I used the warn contactor with a new remote because it simply bolted right on. Easiest thing I ever did.

If you buy a contactor and wire it in, it takes a little time, but then you save money reusing your old box and remote.
I was out $250 for the new box and remote. Came with all wires labeled for the swap.

Warn Replacement Contactors 83664

Then get the new remote. Your old one won't work.
You can probably sell your old stuff and get some $ back too.

Two schools of thought here...

Contactors are getting better, but still expensive. Especially if you burn one up and have to buy the second one. Which you will have to order. =no winch for the rest of the wheeling trip.

I personally like the solenoids because if I short one out, I carry a spare (I use a solenoid on my start circuit in my rig). Or I can go to the parts store and get a replacement just about anywhere I am wheeling.

Back