Winch and $50 Gift Card Prizes for Volunteers

Scott@BigCreek

BigCreek.rocks
4Wheel Parts stores - Raleigh and Charlotte - were kind enough to donate one Winch and a $50 Gift Card each workday to us for volunteering! Please thank Greg and Ryan when you see them! These are the rules we will start with:

USFS sponsored workdays only. Third weekend of every month when trails are open and various weekends when trails are closed.

The Winch will be given out at "next years" Uwharrie OHV Jamboree 2013. It is a Smittybilt XRC8.
One $50 "Gift Card" will be given out at each Saturday workday, including winter workdays.
This starts with the April 21st Work Weekend. Kick Off at the Jamboree.

Give us your ideas on how a volunteer can most fairly win or earn these prizes!

With your help we will set the rules and regs for display at the Jamboree.

Thank You!

At each work day, attendees drop their name in a box/hat/whatever. 1 name drawn at each workday, for the gift card. Then ALL the names, are kept throughout the year, for the winch drawing. The more you attend, the more your name will be in the winch drawing.o_O

Very cool.

At each work day, attendees drop their name in a box/hat/whatever. 1 name drawn at each workday, for the gift card. Then ALL the names, are kept throughout the year, for the winch drawing. The more you attend, the more your name will be in the winch drawing.o_O

That was the general idea bouncing around a couple heads. Need to talk it over with Scott but its a good direction to head in.

That was the general idea bouncing around a couple heads. Need to talk it over with Scott but its a good direction to head in.
Lets talk it over right here! I like that Rodney but lets here some more ideas.
How a volunteer can most fairly win or earn these prizes - -:)

We had spoke about the possibility of utilizing your monthly prizes as a MVP program where your volunteers for the day would vote on who is most deserving, the only rule is you cant vote for yourself. The end of year winner is the person who has the most votes all year long, so somebody who shows all the time but never wins can still win at the end of the year. Just save all the ballots to be tallied at years end.
This was Greg Slades idea with 4Wheel Parts in Raleigh.

Now i got to remember not to bring the Drill SGT hat with me this trip.

Good idea though. Sounds real fair.

By the off chance there is a tie whether at the work days or the finial drawing, what will be done in case of a tie?

I hate to be the dissenter of the group, but I don't see a voting system going very well. For a couple reasons:

1.)Different people/groups leave at different times from the workday. Group 1 gets done at 2:30pm and heads out, Group 2 is still working till 3:15pm then heads out. Or with individuals guys 1 & 2 are riding in a Jeep and they have to leave to get back home at 2:30pm before work is finished. Etc.

2.)Most of the workdays between the off-season ones have a small attendance. Sometimes its just 2 or 3 people, like me, Brian, and Rodney. A voting system won't work with 2 people, and with 3 people to even 5 people it wouldn't end well.

3.)It has a very good chance of turning into a popularity contest, and in that respect it will be downgraded to a level where people's feelings will get hurt etc.

The easiest way to make it fair is to copy the names of the volunteers from the sign-in sheet. Put all the names in a hat, then draw out a name while we are still at hunt camp. And then after the workday is over they can get the gift card. It we had to we could give the gift card to Janet Becker or Chris Cagle or someone that will be available at any time after the workday is over so they could go pick it up.

Ya, I can see your point too. Think you have a good point about the hat thing there also. Makes it more "fair" i guess for anyone that shows up. Then it could work out that a new person shows up at their first workday and they get their named pulled and it might motivate them to come more often, even if just to work. That could be a win / win situation.

If you are doing a hat drawing I would not do it 1st thing. i think it would incline people to leave if their name is not called. i would say at a lunch break or something like that.

If you are doing a hat drawing I would not do it 1st thing. i think it would incline people to leave if their name is not called. i would say at a lunch break or something like that.

Only problem with that is once again everyone doesn't make it to lunch etc. I guess we would have to take down a phone number or something from people so we could get their info in case they aren't around for lunch etc (which happens when we split into different groups).

Back