Will Carter Racing does 36 Hours of URE with Strap Wrap Organizer and Alamance Kaffee Werks!

Will Carter

Just paid my entry fee so no turning back now I guess.

It's been too long since I was competitive in the dirt so when I saw the 36 Hours of Uwharrie scroll across my phone a couple weeks ago I decided we needed to make it happen.

I also need to promote my new product, the Strap Wrap Organizer (THE best way to organize your ratchet straps!), and what better way to do it than plaster it on the side of a race car (term used loosely here)?

logo with website.png

Not wanting to tackle it on my own (because it's lonely in the woods under a broken truck by yourself) I called up my buddy Dan Krenzer of Alamance Kaffee Werks. His resume includes Boy Scout merit badges in both canoeing and marksmanship, and he roasts some kickass coffee, so I figured he was more than qualified. You can order his delicious custom roasts online at www.akwcoffee.com.

AKW.jpg

After showing Dan K all the sweet promo videos and talking all kinds of strategies he brought up an important point: I don't have a vehicle to enter into the competition. Details...

A few hours and couple phone calls later and a good buddy Don Holly (some of you may remember him from ECORS days racing the green 4 door Rodeo) offered up his trusty spare vehicle, a 2 door Isuzu Trooper RS and a pile of spare parts from his old race truck.

IMG_7684.JPG

IMG_7685.JPG

So over the next couple weeks we'll be swapping in the Wagoneer Dana 44's with lockers and chromo goods into the Trooper.

Last weekend I got the rear axles swapped out. Had to outboard the spring hangers slightly but pretty straight forward installation.

IMG_7687.JPG

Not only did Mr. Holly let me borrow his fine vehicles, he also was gracious enough to remove the front IFS for me over the week while I was away on vacation. What a friend.

So today I cut off all the IFS bracketry...
IMG_7688.JPG

And made a front spring hanger...
IMG_7689.JPG

And made a mount for the front swing Toyota Land Cruiser steering box...
IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7691.JPG

My first vehicle once I turned 16 was an 1986 trooper. So I am rooting for you to win!!!!!

Fawkin' awesome. Following the heck out of this!

Last edited:
Last minute decisions and tons of fab work on an unproven vehicle. Recipe for success!

Good luck, we discussed this last year. I wish I had the time to come out and help/watch this year.

Last minute decisions and tons of fab work on an unproven vehicle. Recipe for success!

Heck ya, that is how I did KOH this year.. makes for the most fun when ya just wing it :)

Nice! I hope I get up there to see this event this year.

So Don and Gregg did a little work last week while I was away adulting and trying to make a little spending money.

They got the steering shaft cut, aligned and lengthened for me and cleaned up the mess I made in the shop.

IMG_7731.JPG

Today me and Dan K sat it down on the leaf springs to find it's a little high. So we took out a leaf and it's a little closer.

I think this is still a high pic.
IMG_7730.JPG

Got the steering box hooked up and checked for a couple clearance things.

Tim at Liquid Iron Industries is sending me a some cool leaf spring sliders to eliminate the shackles.

More to come tomorrow...

Looking to borrow a couple things that are on the required equipment list.

A canoe! 12'-14' two man. If I crush it I'll buy it from you. But prefer not to buy one if I don't have to.

Kinetic rope (must be some 'overland' something). 20' minimum.

50' winchline extension. Prefer a rope. Cause cable is heavy and Dan K isn't as crossfit as me.

60" HiLift jack. I have a 48". But it's recommended that we carry a 60"

60" HiLift jack. I have a 48". But it's recommended that we carry a 60"

There are two of these in the barn, if you can figure out how to get them to Danville or wherethefuckever you live.

@BRUISER you still got my helmets and jugs?

Important updates today guys, the A/C is mechanically working properly, just appears to be undercharged. I knew that R12 I've been hoarding would pay off!

Sit it out and text me address. My team mate is headed to Durham in the morning.

I didn't see this until after I left this morning. Offer still stands, though.

@BRUISER you still got my helmets and jugs?

Important updates today guys, the A/C is mechanically working properly, just appears to be undercharged. I knew that R12 I've been hoarding would pay off!

Of course. Stacked nicely in shop. And jugs have nice new tops.

Canoe
131f5250f0705e18a7d940c37f0171a8.jpg

My dad said he bought it in "he thinks" 1977

Fyi: it is not light :(

It's only rated for 5 horsepower? Have you seen these guns?

At 15' and aluminum I think I'll pass. Thanks though.

I do, however, need those helmets at some point...you can mail 'em if you want. They're already pretty beat...

Canoe
131f5250f0705e18a7d940c37f0171a8.jpg

My dad said he bought it in "he thinks" 1977

Fyi: it is not light :(
That looks like the one all my firearms were in!

Follow us on the Facebook and Instagram. We'll try to go live during the events if service permits. Links in dig.

If you're not on the sosh-meeds, here's a few more progress pics.

Spare driveshafts made from leftovers.
IMG_7795.JPG

IMG_7800.JPG

Sticker plans.
IMG_7777.JPG

Co-driver putting in work scavenging rock sliders off the ol ECORS Rodeo.
IMG_7735.JPG

We're the fittest fat kids you'll find. Guaranteed.
IMG_7770.JPG
IMG_7771.JPG

Back