will a f150 hp dana 44 Detroit locker fit into a tj rear 44

josh$$

FTA
Looking to get a used locker from a friend it's a F150 hp dana 44 (30 spline shafts) with 4.56 gears that has a Detroit locker. Wanting to put the Detroit in my rear tj dana 44 that has 4.88 gears also 30 spline shafts my question is will it work in my tj axle

Assuming your 4.88 gears are NOT thick cut, yes it will.
You'll need to verify that first. Thick cut gears generally have a T in the part number. In your case D44-488T for example.

Assuming your 4.88 gears are NOT thick cut, yes it will.
You'll need to verify that first. Thick cut gears generally have a T in the part number. In your case D44-488T for example.
I would assume that mine is not the thick cut ones since it was not a rubicon rear axle but I will be pulling the rear cover back off to find out tomorrow

I know I install a lot of thick cut gears if I am keeping the OEM carrier. That saves the customer the unnecessary cost of a new one.
If your installer reused your OEM carrier, you most likely have thick cut gears.

I would assume that mine is not the thick cut ones since it was not a rubicon rear axle but I will be pulling the rear cover back off to find out tomorrow

It won't matter since your replacing the gear set anyways. The locker is a 3.92 and up, so no need for thick cut gears.

Back