WHO here has Stacks on there Deisel?

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
I saw this guy in Lowes parking lot on capital this past weekend.. I think his were a little to big

756714393108_0_ALB.jpg

456714393108_0_ALB.jpg

I still can't see the piocs, but I would guess you have pics of a truck with 7" stacks (available for tractor trailer tractors). That is the biggest I have seen. I know from my 250 that a 5" is more than enough to "open up" the exaust.

Those are probably 6" bullhaulers, might even be 5", the bull hauler style tends to make them look a little larger than they actually are. Def not 7" though. Ive seen stacks as large as 12" at chrome shops :bling:

never really liked the stacks. kinda "little man syndrome" for me

stacks. kinda "little man syndrome" for me

So, if I put stacks on my '97 F-250 HD, then I'll be a "little syndrome" suffering 6'7" 300-lb a$$hole?

:flipoff2:

J/K.....IMO - stacks look good on the right truck & w/ the right size.

Well i guess if its "little man syndrome" then ive got it bad. I finally got the dual 6" turnouts on mine and i love it. They look so damn good and didnt cost me but about $150. Ill have to get some pics tomarrow and put them up.

One thing to consider on stacks if you're thinking about putting some on. Cabin noise! those stacks are right behind you head now.

I Have a Mechanic buddy that runs a '97 24V Cummins that's pushing 800tq and about 1200 hp. He put a stack on it and it lasted about a week. Said the cabin noise SUCKED!

'97 24V Cummins that's pushing 800tq and about 1200 hp.

:confused: uhhhh there's so much not right about that statement...

A few things I considered about stacks when I was exhaust shopping:

1. the noise, even with a muffler
2. While moving, the soot will flow nicely onto the seats of the 4x4 you're towing without a windshield.
3. When leaving from a stop, the smoke is directed upwards, which is nicer to the other vehicles around you.
4. Loss of usable bed space
5. Soot all over the bed from moisture in the exhaust blowing out when cold.
6. Dyno operators will hate you, if they let you run at all.

IMO, SOME stacks look good on a dually.

97?
24v?
800tq...ok
1200hp???
This is kinda one of those pic your story games.

97 not a 24v unless motor has been swapped (very possible, but if you are gonna hot rod it, why go 24v?) and uh, um...the next disel I see with 1200 hp and 800tq would be the first....
Those numbers reversed maybe?
And inflated a tad?

Anyway, stacks I think look cool.
However they are not very practical imo..

Sorry, Rich helped me realize a few things wrong in that statement. I typed faster than I thought, I have the Torque and HP numbers bassakwards.. :shaking: 800hp 1200 tq. and I was pretty damn certain it was a 97, but apparently they didn't use that till 98.5. (Edit: and it is the factory engine so my year IS off) but it is a 24V none the less. hey at least I got one number right.... :shaking:

If Caver chimes in, he might can confirm the info for me. he's ridden in it. I drove it once... scared the bejeezus out of myself.

thanks for pointing out I'm a dumdass :D

yeap...definitely 24v... with o-ringed heads/cylinders, propane injection, H2O injection, a HUGE wastegated turbo (ran twins at one time)... seems he had as issue keeping the auto tranny together! :lol:

The only time rode in it... 4x Hi-range engaged for traction on the street... it smoked all 4 over for a good 300'-400' and was up to about 75mph in a few blocks... skeered me pretty well

So, if I put stacks on my '97 F-250 HD, then I'll be a "little syndrome" suffering 6'7" 300-lb a$$hole?
:flipoff2:

It not always the height, or the weight that contributes to "little man syndrome".:flipoff2:

QUOTE]

Doc - you are one of the biggest guys I've seen! I remember thinking "Dang! He could probably put a strap over his shoulder and drag this truck out of the woods!".

Well, if I keep eating like I am....someone's gonna need to put a strap on my & drag me out of the house!! LOL

I'd like to get down that way again one day...nice rides you guys have!!

Doc

Back