who builds roll cages in greensboro area?

dyer91

looking for somone to discuss different options and prices for a cage in my 91 wrangler. as of now i really dont have a cage at all. the floor was rusted out where the original main hoop mounted, a friend and i patched the holes but now the main hoop will have to be like the older cjs(mount only to fender wheels) would i need to find a cj style cage to start with or should i get one built from scratch? any help is appreciated

or should i just spend the money on a bender and notcher and learn as i go? i already have access to a welder. how much tubing did you guys screw up on when you first got started? i know that tubing isnt that cheap either.

Sheldon, aka gofer, did mine and he did a fine job to boot. Highly recommended but I don't know if he is still in it.

if your gonna do it, attach it to the frame or dont bother.

frontporchfab i will definatley keep you in mind when it gets closer to time for me to do it. but how much tubing does the average cage use, i know that you can build a cage many ways but what is the average?

frontporchfab i will definatley keep you in mind when it gets closer to time for me to do it. but how much tubing does the average cage use, i know that you can build a cage many ways but what is the average?

I guess it depends on how elaborate you want your cage to be. I would estimate a fairly basic, family-style cage to be around 80ft + or - a few. A design idea with some quick measuring should be able to get you close.

Just an observation. You don't own a welder - how skilled are you at welding - let alone bending and notching for a clean fit. When it comes to a cage that will ultimately be used to save the life of you or your loved ones - pay a pro. JMHO.

Back