where ya going what ya doing for a summer vacation?

We have a week at Myrtle beach🙄. My wife thinks taking the camper there is heaven on Earth. I disagree, but that is what makes marriage fun I guess. The kids love it there. We will also take it for most of week to Fall Creek Falls in middle Tennessee. It is my favorite place I think, not a lot of distractions. Finish up with 4 days at Pipestem in West Virginia. It’s also a great campground in my opinion.

Not sure if it counts as vacation, but I will be spending a week at BSA summer camp. Otherwise, heading down to Mexico for about a week and a half in the hottest part of the year 🥵
When and where are yall going? I doubt I will go more than a few days this year, but my son's troop will be a Bud Schiele 6/17-21

When and where are yall going? I doubt I will go more than a few days this year, but my son's troop will be a Bud Schiele 6/17-21
Lots of fond memories of Camp Butt Shield. Favorite was Parents Night with all the sisters showing up. And the Indian Pageant. Wooop.

Lots of fond memories of Camp Butt Shield. Favorite was Parents Night with all the sisters showing up. And the Indian Pageant. Wooop.
Man, parent night got wild up at CRK. Keep a bunch of teenage boys cooped up, then introduce females. Good times.

Lot of fond memories from the months I spent up there over the years. Need to drop in up there sometime.

We’ll be heading up to Raven Knob third week of July. I hate parents night LOL. The kids get homesick, the divorced parents fight, and it’s just an overall PITA.

What site are yall in? We always got geronimo. My old scout master is over cub week now and still active up there for the whole summer.

Well mine started with a week in March at Disney with the fam, Finishing up 2 weeks in Florida now (Jeep Beach, St Augustine and More Disney) but I have a week in June back in Orlando with more Fam on the books. Then a Week in Pigeon Forge for Jeep Invasion to wrap it up. Various small trips and Trail rides with the CTB thrown in as well.

I grew up right next to Camp Bud, our land joined the camp and for some reason there side seemed to have the best riding for dirt bikes and four wheelers, I want to think the one trail we made to the river that was on the Boy Scout camp was almost a mile long, we only got chased off a time or two by the scout master or one of his rangers, then we had a trail on the backside of the big lake where we could sneak and fish, very good times that I miss

So far a couple long weekend camping trips. Honestly having our camper setup to be off grid has been the best thing ever for us. Our big trips this year are in the fall early winter. 10 day trip to the Upper Peninsula, for some bird hunting and relaxing. And a week long trip in December for the "big" breed field trial in Alabama/Georgia.

Had 5 days scheduled with CTB in OBX, but had to cancel due to the implementation of a new operating system at work. Now I am sitting here with only a long weekend at the Jeep invasion planned. Anyone in the market for a diesel pusher RV that could get some use out of it. :rolleyes:

Had 5 days scheduled with CTB in OBX, but had to cancel due to the implementation of a new operating system at work. Now I am sitting here with only a long weekend at the Jeep invasion planned. Anyone in the market for a diesel pusher RV that could get some use out of it. :rolleyes:
If you're offering I could use it. LOL!

Rent that biache out and I'm good for 2weeks a year 😎

Let the vacations begin! I’d almost rather be turkey hunting but apparently every bird in NC knows when I’m hunting them this yr:rolleyes:
6B1F50CF-85CE-49DC-AE9B-0837A5F2DE6E.jpeg

We've been going to the same beach forever. Matter of fact, my wife's family has been going to the same place the same week for over 40 years. New people bought it a couple years ago and changed everything. Made the entire place different and quadrupled prices. So we decided to do something different this year. We have a week planned in Québec at the end of September. Never been out of the country. We're all pretty excited!

We've been going to the same beach forever. Matter of fact, my wife's family has been going to the same place the same week for over 40 years. New people bought it a couple years ago and changed everything. Made the entire place different and quadrupled prices. So we decided to do something different this year. We have a week planned in Québec at the end of September. Never been out of the country. We're all pretty excited!
Stay in the bigger cities, or learn some French. Been up there a few times for work, and very few people (outside of the younger folks) know English in the smaller towns.

Stay in the bigger cities, or learn some French. Been up there a few times for work, and very few people (outside of the younger folks) know English in the smaller towns.
Agreed. Ontario is like a friendly northern US, and Quebec is its own separate country that just happens to share a government.

Agreed. Ontario is like a friendly northern US, and Quebec is its own separate country that just happens to share a government.
They are more friendly than Euro French, but not by much.

We are staying in a smallish town about 30 minutes outside of Québec City. We are going to venture into the city for a couple days of touristy stuff. The kids and wife have been doing Duolingo French lessons for a couple months. I guess we're going to see how much they have learned. lol

Lake Oconee or Lake James probably every weekend, nearabouts. Some camping mixed in somewhere. May go to FL and do some coastal. Next summer planning to stay 3-4 days each in england, france, italy, germany, circle back to england and fly out (train system)

We are staying in a smallish town about 30 minutes outside of Québec City. We are going to venture into the city for a couple days of touristy stuff. The kids and wife have been doing Duolingo French lessons for a couple months. I guess we're going to see how much they have learned. lol
It's been a few years since I was in Quebec City, but there were very few English speakers older than 20ish, when I was there. Very nice area though.

Back